Do you think city girls are spoilt/bratty?

A spoiled child or spoiled brat is a derogatory term aimed at children who exhibit behavioral problems from being overindulged by their parents

Synonyms : overindulge, pamper, mollycoddle, cosset, baby, spoon-feed
Do you think city girls are spoilt/bratty?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • U r a brat
    Vote C
  • I don't care
    Vote D
  • Show me results. I'm curious
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• This question just keeps popping up, and I never wanted to answer, because I don't care, but it pops up, over and over, so I am answering, and just want this question to go away! How does that happen? Maybe there should be an "Ignore Question" so it doesn't keep annoying?

3|1
    0|0
    • Yes I agreecompletely annoying and needs a solution

• Show All
    • I didn't want to answer, because the picture was of a young lady, and nothing I know anything about! Some, more mature, I would say yes, are spoiled, and ADORED by 'Daddy', but most, not. At least the ones I have met, and dated.

• Thanks for sharing your opinion! πŸ˜‡

• I think living in a city definitely makes someone more self reliant. It's one thing to visit a city and navigate it... figure out the transit, best places to stay, eat etc.. but living there, navigating a career, dealing with then hundreds and thousands of people you see and interact with even indirectly on a day to day basis, not to mention the serious amount of competition... the rich, beggars, creeps, criminals etc.. definitely makes you more distrusting of people, cautious, and gives you a general lack of appreciation of people in general. The greater the number of people, the fewer people care. Anyways I just think it's a very general question.. there's thousands of influences in cities. People of all kinds. So do I think that girls in the city are spoilt? No. But anyone that pays their premium rent pricing in a city to be there is looking for a shot at the good life and has a higher expectation out of life and little patience for anyone else. That's my opinion.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I voted yes but it's not simply a location based answer. People that come from the city usually are either affluent, popular, rich, well known, and/or from old money. So based on these assumptions those people are in a sense kind of forced to follow the status quo. Buying expensive stuff and basically showing off that they have money is expected. That and also the way that they are raised in that environment can definitely make for a spoiled brat. All of those feelings of entitlement, superiority and elite-ness are reinforced by both their lifestyle, and how they were raised. Not all City people are brats because I've met a few that aren't but to an extent a lot of them are.

1|1
    0|0
  • "Spoilt"? At first I thought you meant spoiled. But with your mastery of words/synonyms you couldn't have meant that.

3|0
    0|1
    • +1 for cute eyebrow cat.

• Show All
    • @TrixiePooch Saying something is "wrong" to someone else and your country doing its own process are two separate things. "Spoilt" isn't wrong just because Americans don't like it.

• @InTimoreDei she just wanted to be a smartass without wanting to answer my question.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 111

• Yes i believe that living in the City limits can spoil one , when you live in the City you have access to lot of stuff. You can go shopping more easy, some Cities can be big like Pittsburgh Pa and there is stores , lot places to spend money yes it can spoil one. Where if one lives in the Country setting it gives them limits cause most got have transportation to get to stores to go shopping and most go to travel in to the City so yes i agree with this 100 %.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes. Least in boston. When id go up to boston to go pub crawling met more spoiled snotty and girls with a bratty entitlement streak to them then not. I remember one girl who bumped into me and we got to talking and she got angry i wasn't buying her drinks for her.

1|0
    0|0
  • Being materialistic without conscientious is bratty, being a city girl is not bratty. City girls can range from gossip girl to very professional women who own their own start-up. City girls tend to be more divisive in their abilities, which intrigues me to this day.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think this has to do with the size of the city they come from. I've lived in towns from a small village to a big city and what I've seen is bratty people (guys too) almost always from from the middle middle class. This is due mostly from bad parenting. The fact that there are more well-off people in the city is, I think, not the real issue here.

2|0
    0|0
  • It had more to do with how much they are β€œgiven” vs how much they β€œearn”. Spoiled people are selfish and expect to be served and given things just because of who they are. Has nothing to do with city or country. City brats parents may have more to give.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, it depends entirely on the person and how they were raised. If a kid is spoiled, they will grow up to expect that from everyone, while if a kid grows up being taught to be respectful, they'll usually grow up to be respectful people.

Someone's personality almost entirely relies on how their parents raised them.

1|0
    0|0
  • Women in the west are mostly all spoiled rotten brats. They get tons and tons of advantage and benefits over men, handed to them by the government, and they still claim to be oppressed. They take more in government benefits and services than they pay in taxes over a lifetime, and still demand that the government spend more money on them. They complain about making the wage gap, while enjoying $4 in disposable income for every $1 a man gets.

1|0
    0|0
  • I voted u r a brat. You wipe your butt with dollah billz and you have fox skin slippers.

1|0
    0|0
  • I answered you are a brat for fun, I didn't really think anybody else would do it.
    I think city girls are city girls, and brat or not depends of other things (those which define a brat)

1|0
    0|0
  • i don't believe being from a city can possibly lay a single characteristic on all people. bratty people exist within and outside of cities.

they are not bratty simply due to their place of existence

2|0
    1|0
  • I don't think girls are bratty because they come from a city
    I think bratty girls (And boys as well) Are the result of sub par parenting mostly which isn't a geographical question
    Larger urbanized areas attract a higher level of educated people though who are in higher end of the spectrum financially and they are most often the ones "spoiling" their children so you may find more brats in cities on average than elsewhere but you cannot make the assumption they all are

1|1
    0|0
  • Always just depends on their upbringing. I've known plenty up wealthy country girls growing up spoiled out here in the popular farm Town that I'm from. Lol I bet the east coast is the same.

1|0
    0|0
  • From my experience I have to say, yes. But it depends what city.
    You seem to be an exception to the rule

1|0
    0|0
  • There's more people in the city, and a lot more wealth so you'll meet a lot more people who are spoiled. Where you are doesn't define weather your going to be spoiled or not though. I live in the country, and there are defiantly some spoiled people here. Most of us are happy to have $10 though. =)

1|0
    0|0
  • Almost all (American) girls generally fall under this definition but city girls definitely can take it to a new level.

2|0
    1|0
  • I can't say its a city thing. However most people that are rich and spoil their children are usually living in the city. But not all people in the city are rich (in fact very few are)

3|1
    0|0
  • The overwhelming majority of spoiled girls are from the city, however, that doesn't mean that most city girls are spoiled.

Let me break it down here.

Let's say that of all spoiled girls, 99% are from the city, and 1% are from the countryside (completely made up percentages). However, they make up only 2% of all city girls, and an even more minuscule proportion of country girls.

0|0
    0|0
  • People think city girls are inherently spoiled. But they are not. They are simply adapted to their environment. a city girl could barely handle it in the country, just like a country girl could barely handle it in the city.

2|0
    0|0
  • Depends more on how they are raised. Are you like that? πŸ˜…

2|0
    0|0
  • I think girls in general are tending to get coddled a bit much. On the other hand I've noticed that in families where it's the boys being coddled... he's a fucking criminal.

1|0
    1|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 67

• I grew up in the city in complete poverty so... gonna say "not all the time."

2|1
    0|0
  • It is very stereotypical to say that whoever is a city girl must be bratty/spoiled. Although I must say in our modern society, there are at least 78% of girls in it's entirety that are more spoiled than girls in the past. I think a non-bias way of asking this question is naming specific people or simply asking if girls are more bratty/spoiled than they would be in the past.

1|0
    0|0
  • I live in the city and go to a private school. I got to say most of the people I know are spoiled and get whatever they want handed to hem on a silver plate. So yah most are bratty, but not all of them

1|1
    0|0
  • I used to be a city girl.. well I was born in the city and all my life till I lived with my boyfriend I was from the city.. my boyfriend is from the country I am actually now used to it..

a lot of city girls defentialy yes they are spoiled and bratty

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so, I always been a countryside girls but I was a spoiled brat as a child and I know a lot of city girls who never acted spoiled at all so I don't think they're spoiled / bratty.

1|0
    0|0
  • Living in the city doesn't make one necessarily spoiled/braty. Where you live doesn't make you spoiled, it's a person's upbringing that does or does not. If a parent always gives their child what they want even when they express bad behavior, then that child will likely be spoiled. There are plenty of people who don't live in the city that are.

1|0
    0|0
  • City girls is just girl that is suited to city life. Just like country girls is for country life. What is bratty to country folk may be a great advantage to city folk. A spoilt person is gonna spoilt regardless of city or country.

1|1
    0|0
  • I think it’s bad to stereotype people based on if they live in the city or country.

2|0
    0|0
  • I feel it's less about being from a city and more about over indulgent parents that don't say "no". I've seen this kind of parenting from people of both wealthy and middle-class families in cities and suburbs (never lived in the country, so I can't say one way or the other on that one).

I've lived in 2 major cities now, and feel that the majority of people are regular working people and the "spoiled brat type" might be more of a skewed outsider's perception.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think they're more spoilt or bratty. Yes, they might appear so, but watch it once a vilage girl gets the good stuff from the city. I'm not trying to generalize, but I think that it doesn't matter if you're from the city or not whether you'll have such behavior or not.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not really a lot. However I live in an area where there are more rich people living and my school also has mainly rich family kids, so I personally am surrounded by a lot of those spoiled brats. But I don't think that they represent all girls in the entire city.

I think MANY city girls are a bit pampered and all but not to the point that it should be a problem, including me actually if I speak honestly, lol. But the extremes are only a few.

1|0
    0|0
    • I live in a town in UK. i still get spoilt brats. no matter. if I hanging out with my boyfriend. one always one be third wheel. my boyfriend & I wanted some alone time together.

• In my opinion, anyone who has a lot of money tends to have more of an attitude than others, not just the girls that can afford to live in a big city. I once knew a girl, she lived on a farm and made lots of money. She was the meanest person I knew and made fun of others for not being able to afford what she could. I think it depends on home life too though. If they have a sucky home life, some try to be nice to others and some go the complete other direction and treat others the same way.

1|0
    0|0
  • Being from a city doesn't make you spoiled.
    Being spoiled makes you spoiled.

4|2
    0|0
  • City guys are even worse... jerk-y, asshole-y and Jake Paul-ey

2|0
    0|0
  • Likely. If Southern girls who grew up in rural areas/small towns are seen as humble and whatnot, then I don't see why the opposite would also be a stereotype.

1|0
    0|0
  • It really depends on who's been brought up the better way.
    City girls can be the really down-to-earth.
    Don't think generalizing is a good option.

2|0
    0|0
  • You do realize most people in cities are poor or middle class right? if you thinking of LA or San Francisco or anywhere in California sure spoil brats are there but also poor people lol.

1|0
    0|1
  • It’s not where they kids are born but how. Like some people can be rich n be taught to respect others n value money. Some kids are born in city n are hella broke.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm a city girl that grew uo having everything before she even ask for it.
    How do you not want me to become spoiled?

1|0
    0|0
  • Not really. I grew up in Stockholm, and the only time I really am a baby is when I have some sort of flu.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes