What was the worst phase in your life so far that you have experienced?

2524

What Girls Said 25

• Ummm well on an adult level, the past year had been a bad phase, realizing I was in a bad marriage or rather accepting I was, losing my mother, divorce... was crap! BUT things are looking up!!

As a child, probably 16 or so, I was a bitch!! Lol! Typical but never ok!

• I've been through a lot of bad phases in my life. But I think the worst was when I was bullied in 7th grade.
    I wanted to killed myself and being alive didn't make sense to me. It was so painful.

• 3h

That sucks. Being bullied is always bad. Kids can be mean and cruel.

• 3 years ago whe I first learned that I was a targeted individual and was being coerced into keeping quiet about what I was really going through, not talking about the fact that I was constantly abused by my parents when I was younger and still living with them and had actually left home to escape the abuse, pretending to be a Christian even though I'm an Atheist, thinking and saying only neutral and positive things about everyone no matter how bad the people around me treated me, not wearing black nail polish even though it's my favorite color, believing that a former coworker was in love with me and was actually considering me his girlfriend, not showing romantic interest in other men, and abstaining from sex. For about a year and a half, I was afraid that I would be killed if I do any of these things listed. And I am NOT mentally ill. There are actually a bunch of super advanced criminals stalking and harassing me 24-7.

However, today, even though I'm still a targeted individual, I am no longer afraid of these criminals. I am at a point now where I am simply annoyed by their behavior, but not intimidated by them.

• Birth. I had a stroke and developed a life threatening condition. Now 51 years later I try to make the best of things. My daughter and I this weekend enjoying ice cream

• Currently going through it..
    Lost in my career and in love life as well
    Nothing seems to go in a right direction..
    Messed up the job exam of 2 big regulatory bodies... And now the year is going to end with nothing substantial in my resume..
    Dated 3 guys this year for about 2~3 months each but nothing worked out with any of them and just got hurt in this process..
    Presently I am confused and lost that's why I have decided to take 6 months off from dating to figure out things in my career and life first.

• 3h

Everything will work out in due time. Keep staying strong and positive.

• Being badly underweight and forced to eat... terrible terrible terrible time...

• Being manipulated by my ex until i wasn't myself anymore and then cheated on. Started around July 2016

• probably when i was 12-13, i had a really bad episode of depression and it took me being hospitalized to get me out of it. i kind of repressed a lot of memories from it because it's really sad to think about, but i'm glad i've grown so much, and i know i have a lot more room to grow c:

• I've always been depressed but around 7th and 8th grade was when it was at its worst and im really glad im out of that phase 😩 idek why it was so bad at that time, around that time was really the only time in my life where there wasn't shit going on daily. should have gotten better in my opinion

• Ever since I was young, I’ve been an emotional person. Whenever my parents would be upset or I would disappoint them, I would feel terrible and cry. I was not really a super happy child either. I remember my close cousin calling me a baby when I was around 8 or so. And it’s always torn me up.

• I have 2 but I won’t count my childhood phase. Adult phase I’d say staying in a toxic relationship for 3 years now that it’s been a year since we broke up I’m happier, go out more, and like my own space.

• Having my parents be disappointed for getting pregnant at 19 and not even dating the guy.

His parents saying we have to get married if we are keeping the baby and dont like me since im not dating or engaged even married to there son.

• When I was 13 I was raped. The next day on the school bus kids called me names and picked at me for getting raped. From that point on I hated school. It took years for me to find my voice.

• 2d

Were you "raped", or were you raped?

• 1d

@Aysev "ouldve been molested or sexually abused. Iiiits still a form of rape." well i dont know the exact definition of what is rape and what isn't. Its just most men dont think of rape when it comes to sexually molesting or harrassing someone. I always link rape with something traumatizing and horrible. But hey im here to tell the world what is rape and what isn't. just pointing out a lot of times men and women just have different ideas.

@LanayLuckie Hard to judge. I mean if it was traumatizing for you, thats nuff said for me. I mean i had sex with my girlfriend a lot of times when she would say no, but thats because she would simply give in and enjoy it afterwards. I would obviously never do that while she is still resisting during the act

• 1d

@LanayLuckie Im so sorry that you went through that, once that happens i guess trama is something you have to deal with. Im also sorry you still get people who dont believe you. Im studying psychoanalysis to become a therapist for people who suffer PTSD of all kinds and its you people with your experiences my heart goes out to.

• Getting told what to do by boyfriend and almost ended up marrying someone I didn't want to get married to.

• my twelvie stage right till like 2 years ago *shudders*

• All through high school was the worst stage of my life.

• My whole life has kind of been hell, right now it’s just as bad.

• Suicidal, self harm and depression in my mid teens.

• Fighting depression

• Post-college and trying to get entry level jobs that would barely cover rent money. Extremely humiliating.

• 3h

At least you graduated. a lot of students don't. Finding good jobs is always hard and tough.

• More from Girls
    5

What Guys Said 24

• Well, here's a shortlist. lol...

1. I suffered from SEVERE anxiety from the age of 16 through 23. So bad that I could rarely leave the house. During this time I was suicidal nearly everyday for 6+ years straight. For the life of me, I have no idea how I survived it. Thankfully, I overcame it without medications at all and now I live a very normal life.

2. My uncle killed himself with a revolver in May of 2000. It rocked our entire family and no one has been the same since. In many ways, he was the glue of that side of the family. He's still sorely missed. R. I. P. 😞

3. My other uncle (my departed uncle's younger brother) on the same side of the family killed himself in May of 2015. Left his car running with him sitting in it in his garage. He left behind his 21 year old son and his 18 year old daughter who was set to have her graduation in another 2 weeks. She was the one that found him in the garage. Also, through a set of extremely unfortunate events, I was not able to attend the funeral. I still don't have full closure over his death. R. I. P. 😞

4. The last year or so. There have been SO many things that have happened since May of last year (huh, May seems to be a crappy month for me!) WAY too many to list. Highlights: the best friend I will ever have is suffering from suicidal thoughts, my father has suffered through brain and heart issues in the last 6 months, and my friend's mom who I'm also good friends with has stage 4 ovarian cancer. 😞

But damn it! I'm still here! I'm still kicking and fighting! I am remaining positive and whatever doesn't kill me will only make me stronger. Sometimes we've got to take our lumps and sometimes when it rains it pours. I will prevail.

• After my first girlfriend cheated on me while we were living together, I struggled against suicidal tendencies and insomnia for over a year. I'm still here, though, and that's mostly a win.

• I'll tell you about it when I live through it. Rough 18 years of my life so far, but I'm enjoying it.

• I'm currently having one. Past has been fine. I'm out of job, have little to no friends, still recovering from a 6 year relationship (got together young), failing college. I need to get back on my feet and doing everything a step at a time.

• 14-18 by far the worst. Trying to switch from a shy boy into an cool young man ended up being an epic failure for me. Very awkward phase.

• Early adulthood is difficult in our inflexible commercial society, especially when you don't want to be pressed into the template everyone else gets sucked into.

• When I was 14 I was really into swords and anime. Makes me ill thinking about thr dark times.

• Back in Feb. Was seeing someone. They ended things on valentines days gaving been off with me for a couple of weeks. At same time announced a pregnancy. In subsequent couple of weeks we gad a few discussions about the pregnancy and beyond. Her attitude isolated me further and further, I was really stressing about what the next 18yrs was going to entail, we were heading towards family court as we had very different ideas over access. It ended in March with miscarriage.
    Worst month of my life. The ripples still affect me today. Been trying to move on. Seen a couple of people since. The relatiinshop dosent bother me so much, though wish we coukd have at least talked about things properly. But Jnr still haunts me.

• After I finished grad school, was in the ER for my back, and my funds ran out until I became homeless.

• Current phase in life as everything fell apart and now I'm struggling to start a new career and pay off student loans.

• Tough call. Suicide attempts, depression and a divorce which has crippled my life for at least the next 10 years. What is the worst is hard to say.

• Being deeply depressed for about a year but I got past it for now...

• Breakup-Deadly Accident-loss of job-financial and mental crisis- slow recovery but scarred for life

• Lol most of my teen years

• adolescence

• Gang affiliation a few years ago

• Teens and 20's. Lonely, stressy and depressing.

• I almost killed myself when I was 20

• My current one... or last December?

• From January til now

• More from Guys
    4