This girl keeps mocking me when we hang out with friends, how should I respond?

I'm 22, and she's like 28/9 but already has two kids and looks a bit older than she actually is.. the thing is that I usually hang out around people her age (I do have friends my own age but my boyfriend is 5 years older so I hang out with his group of friend a lot too, which includes her)... she just can't stop mentioning how young I am and how I don't know anything she knows.. for example.. we would play some music and she's like "oh let's change this music she probably don't know this , she's a child" or once I was supposed to stay with her and her friend for like 20 mins and she was like "don't leave her here she is probably scared of us" (and her friend would play along with her) and she constantly talks like I'm not even present in the same room.. like wtf, she also keeps commenting oh what I'm doing and I just can't relax and enjoy f***ing evening with my friends.. and It's not like she's just joking around, oh noo, she makes very serious and mean face.. I never did anything to her, and I'm even nice all the time, but she just won't leave me alone... I've never been mocked in my entire life so I don't know how to respond and still stay okay and not make everyone else around us uncomfortable, because I can't hide my emotions and If I start speaking I'm gonna start a fight with her.. or maybe even cry because those situations are mentally exhausting to me.. and sorry if my English is bad, It's not my native language :)
Updates:
I don't know if she has a crush on my boyfriend, she acted like this even before the two of us got together, she has also been in a relationship with my bf's friend for 4 years :)

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Ohhhhh jealousyyyyyyy. Honey nothing to feel uncomfortable. Next time she says something about your age ask her „How does it feel to be antique?“, or „Can‘t you give us a report about how people used to make fire back in your age (stone age)?“, or say „I can see gravitiy at you being 8x9.82 times faster than me“

Really don‘t worry she sees you as competition because she built her life on a contract that expired with her age

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• Ok I think I know exactly what is going on here... and for you it is good VERY news.

I was seeing this girl who was half my age, I think she thought she owned me bc she was such a good deal for me. She was being difficult and I told her I didn't want to see her anymore. After a while this really attractive girl who was even younger started hitting on me. Long story short she asked me to be her boyfriend and I obviously said yes.

Fast forward and the first girl started texting and trying to come around my place un announced. Once I messaged my girlfriend my exe was in the neighborhood and was trying to come over and I told her I would stop my ex from dropping by if she wanted me to. For some crazy reason she didn't want me to stop her. Anyhow my ex shows up, she looks around my place and sees all these love notes my ex had on my walls and in my car (I drove her back to her car). My ex used to like me to sit next to her while she peed (strang I know but who does it hurt) anyhow I wouldn't sit next to her when she asked, and I think it butt hurt her bc she was used to getting her way with me. Anyhow my ex finds out I have a girlfriend, but what really kicked her in the pants was that my new girlfriend was three years younger than her. After that I never heard the end of it, my ex constantly made cracks about my girlfriend being a child (she was 21 and my ex is 24). I knew my ex felt jealous that I was with this hot girl and so she picked on her age bc she was trying to tear her down in my eyes.

Trust me a girl heading towards thirty with kids and that looks older than she is... it is really hard to see a 22 year old hanging in the group. She remember all the power, beauty and desire a 22 year old has, after all she was once 22 herself. So she feels extremely threatened and doesn't like that you are there for all her valued friends to compare her to. She probably isn't going to win that contest. And she may be awesome but at least in her head you are a real threat.

If she makes fun of you then just say "Well I'm only 22 and your are 29 so I guess I have 7 whole years to get up to speed to where you are."

If she gets mean then I would just say "Jealousy isn't pretty."

This girl doesn't want you there and it has NOTHING to do with who you are as a person. You could be a mute that never says anything and she will still feel extremely threatened.

1|0
    0|0
    • This girl doesn't want you there and she is trying to purge you from the group. And unfortunately her efforts are having the effect on you she is intending... to wear you down and drive you away.

This is the important part, you need to tell your boyfriend what is happening and he needs to sack up and aggressively have your back when it comes to this girl.

• The best way to handle mockery is either to laugh with them/at yourself, or to give them some back. Don't take it too seriously, and don't take yourself too seriously either.

I think that girls are more easily offended because as you say you've never been mocked - whereas guys are used to it because we roast each other all the time and find it fun.

With me for example, I'm really short, so I get mocked for that all the time. I can either take that to heart, get offended and be upset by it, or I can see the funny side of it.

Why get upset? That doesn't help you in any way. It makes you seem less fun to others, and if the person is trying to get under your skin and make you feel like shit you're basically allowing them to.

I'm a short guy, sometimes people make short jokes. I also put on quite a bit of weight at one point and I was a little chubby, so people would make fat jokes. If they were trying to upset me, which they weren't because they know I'm not that sensitive, why would I give them the satisfaction of being upset? When instead I could make a joke out of it, laugh at myself, have fun with it, taking away any "power" in their insults?

1|0
    0|0
  • Simple evil female to female resentment for the simple reason you are more youthful and haven't ruined your life with kids outside of marriage like she has. She is a bitter bitch who hates her life and is so jealous of yours.

1|0
    0|0
  • Some people think it's funny to 'trash talk' or 'give people shit'.

It's supposed to be 'playful' or 'friendly'. Particularly in the Northeast of the United States.

It's not any of these things, it's not a proper way to socialize it's just god damn rude, and you don;t deserve to be around people that do that all the time. People who make it a game, or just "how the squad roles" don't understand that it was never a game it's actually being annoying

this behavior is typical of little exclusive cliques of misfits and outcasts who cling together cause nobody else can stand their rudeness.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• She sounds jealous that you have freedom and opportunities she does not have and she might think you have more dating value than her being younger and possibly more attractive than her. I would defend myself by asking her why she keeps picking on you in front of others to make her look bad in front of her friends.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well I 🤔 think. You should tell your boyfriend how you feel hanging out with his group of friends. That you he maybe should stick up for you and talk to his friend that she needs to be more polite and not rude to you. Or you can just tell him that you don’t want to hang out with his friend and avoided that girl. Find friends that can treat you right

0|0
    0|0
    • The thing is.. all of his friends are super nice to me, and we are all so close.. she is the only one who likes mocking

• Tell when ever she is rude or say something ( just laughs it off) don’t let it seem like it affects you. When she makes a comment saying ( you are young) you can say ( yes, I am young full of life and energy lol 😂 and laugh it off) maybe that way she would stop.

• Because it won’t affect you no more. Young is way better then being old lol trust me!!!

• well lady, here in Ireland, we look up to mcgregor so we learn to fight! So, first start with basic boxing fundamentals then learn jujitsu and wrestling. then throw in unorthodox movements and then become a master of distance control. Now you're ready to challenge this bitch to a cage fight. knock her ass out with one poke! left hand shot! then talk mad shit and you'll be rich soon enough. good luck kiddo

0|0
    0|0
  • Your English ain't bad
    U. Need to stand up for yourself
    And tell her to fucking back off
    And not hang out anymore

1|0
    0|0
  • Could she have dated/hooked up with your boyfriend before? Or has a crush on him?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes