Tried to talk to a girl. Didn’t go so hot?

I’m a junior 16 (turning 17) and I tried to talked to this girl (sophomore) in one of my class. Talked to her in class before and I kinda go to know her a bit. We also caught each other looking a few times. Well, today after class was over I decide to just do it. And I walk up to her and talk to her, ask her a few question and stopping in between each one to see if she would ask me something back but she didn’t. She didn’t give me one word answer and she sounded genuinely interested. Thing is after a few question I didn’t want to keep asking question so I stopped and she just said bye and speedily rush off.
Note this is my first time trying this so it was kinda awkward for me and uncomfortable. Just want to hear what you guys think, should I try and talk to her more or give up, this made me feel kinda confused and weird about the whole situation.
Honestly I feel like just giving up. But maybe I don’t have enough info on this and I need one more try.

13