How much have you changed since a decade ago?

I eat more veges and just when I thought I can't be worse than I already was, here I am, breaking my own limits 😂

1|2

Most Helpful Guys

• I'm 28, so when I was 18 i was finishing up my first year of undergrad. I thought i was going to be a psychologist and I didn't drink. I ran all the time and worked out all the time.

Now I have my masters, I became a CPA, I'm about to open my own brewery, and I'm about 15 lbs heavier. but my beard is way sweeter

2|0
    0|0
  • My impassioned quest for world domination has become a part-time hobby

2|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I became vegan just bc I wanted to eat healthier. I became serious about my education and got a degree where as 10 years ago I was taking school as a joke. And I've recognised my own issues and started seeking help to deal with those.

1|0
    0|0
  • A decade ago, I was optimistic and liked everyone. Today, I'm a misanthropic pessimist. A decade ago, I was asleep. Today, I am more awakened and enlightened.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I'm going to change it to 5 years ago, because a decade wouldn't really be applicable to me as I wouldn't be able to separate developmental changes from notable changes.

Temperamentally, I have become less agreeable, more assertive, and more industrious. Although I am still quite anxious about my future, deadlines, responsibility, etc. I am much more confident in my appearance. Though, nothing really changed internally, I just had a massive "glow-up".

I am not any taller, but I have lost a net of 70 lbs. I was 220 at my heaviest, dropped all the way to 120, climbed to about 145 and settled there (mostly from muscle mass). My eating and workout habits are healthier (though not lately, due to the holidays). My hair is the longest it's ever been (about armpit length). I can grow a full beard now. My physique is more muscular.

When I was 13, I was a typical Christian conservative. Now I am no longer religious and have adapted my political views to that of libertarianism. I'm now much more concerned with economic policy, being actually further right than I was at 13.

2|0
    0|0
  • In some ways, not at all, in others, a lot. I’ve probably had to get my grown man on a lot more, haha. 10 years ago I was bouncing in a bar, had just stopped chasing skirts and had started dating my current girlfriend, I was definitely broke lmao, had no real responsibilities beyond supporting my own existence.

Now I work a regular day job, make decent money, but it’s a lot more work and stress. My mother died last September, which leaves me as the primary lifeline for my almost 87 year old dad who is already gimped up from a stroke two summers ago. On top of it, my girlfriend has been very sick for over three years as she weans off a benzodiazepine she was recklessly prescribed her entire adult life, and it damaged her brain and central nervous system, which requires a long and arduous recovery period with symptoms you wouldn’t believe if you didn’t witness it yourself. So basically my home is a factory of sadness and misery right now, which is less than ideal, obviously, but she’s a tough kid, she’ll make it through, it’s just going to rob us of five years of our lives probably. So I have more on my plate than I ever have, working almost 70-80 hours a week and caring for my girlfriend and father (who are 3 hours away from each other😖), but I’m just trying to truck through it while my dad is still alive and my girlfriend is in her recovery. The future holds better things, I hope. My mother is leaving me a very considerable inheritance, so the plus side is that my life is totally changing in that I don’t have to sweat my retirement, my investments should allow me to retire on time, if not early, and live pretty comfortably, and that’s just insane to me, who 10-12 years ago might have had to make the choice between eating or paying my electric bill, so I’d spend a weekend eating ramen noodles or something in the dark, or at best, I learned to find an outdoor outlet and run a series of extension cords into my place, to a power strip so I could have my fridge, TV, and a light plugged in lmao. Ghetto fabulous lmfao.

Physically, I’m not that different. My college friends always say I look exactly the same. I can afford to eat better now, plus I know better, so while I’m in the gym much less time than I was able to spend ten years ago, I’m in better shape now that I come home and eat actual healthy food instead of pizza and buffalo wings and whatnot haha. I guess I dress differently, fashions have changed and it’s not cool to be wearing cargo shorts and a polo anymore, lmao. I have more money to spend and a better eye for fashion now, so I’ve definitely stepped my clothing game up. Fresh to death😎 I spend the extra money on MORE clothes, rather than more expensive clothes. Blowing money on a label is a fool’s errand! Like I actually have seasonal attire now haha. I try not to fight anymore at the behest of my girlfriend, haha, I’m on 8 years fight-free, so that’s good I guess. Helps to not be in the bar scene anymore lmao. I don’t know, overall, I’m more responsible, better dressed, in better shape, probably more laid back, more comfortable in my own skin, but at the same time I’m still the same old Steve haha.

1|0
    0|0
  • • I've learned how to cook more than Mac N Cheese
    • I'm more positive I believe.
    • Overall work experience has increased.
    • Overall knowledge of the world and life, in general, has increased.
    • I know a bit more of what I want and how to make it happen.
    • Added facial hair.

2|0
    0|0
  • Well when i was 14 O_o
    I can't even remember but i was 5 foot 5 now im 6'2
    i didn't have a beard :P
    i had toooons of hair now im shaved almost bald and it looks fkn badass !!!
    i was basically a kid back in those days , now i look like im 27 28 not 24 xD

1|0
    0|0
  • I was a little spoiled, fat 10 year old. I literally looked and acted like Raleigh from Diary Of A Wimpy Kid. I joined a netball team eventually and lost all the weight. I was very strange and didn't care what people thought of me that's the only thing that didn't change.

1|0
    0|0
  • I literally turned opposite. I was very reckless, didn't care about anyone but myself, every opinion I had I now consider wrong. If I could go back and meet myself, we would instantly become enemies and hate each other more than anyone.

1|0
    0|0
  • I’ve changed a fair bit but I’ve been through a very mental decade, but all of the changes in the last few years have been for the better and now I’m focusing on improving as much as I can to get to where I want to be 🙂

1|0
    0|0
  • other than health-wise and my experiences, looking at photo's of past 10-20 years I haven't changed that much, some days i look older depending on how stressed i am, or how bad my physical health and depression is... but other days i look closer to how i did 10-20 years ago

1|0
    0|0
  • Ten years before:

Now:

3|0
    0|0
  • I am 33 now, was 23 then.
    At 23, i was going to grad school and dating a lot. I was in and out of short term relationships until 24, and we got married asap. I worked until 27, had my son and became a sahm since. Learned how to be a sahm, and wife. Got into reading self help books and figuring out how to do this thing called life a little bit. Celebrating my nine year anniversary this March.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm more active, less nihilistic but a little more reckless and aggressive.

Trying to be more assertive and putting myself out there had brought a few unpleasant sides of me that I'm trying to control, not necessarily removing.

Ofc, career is getting better, a little slower than I'd like, but I'm happy about it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I got more matured, patient, my tastes changed and face and I lost weight and grew my hair too. I'm not that fat kid they use to know lol. Me just 8 years ago. I was 13 but I look 9 😂 I can't find a pic of me 10 years ago tho.

2|0
    0|0
    • Sorry for the grammar lol. I was cold in the buss shaking while typing that.

• A decade ago I was 12. Chances are I have changed a lot.

But on a serious note, I've done several 180s in the last decade or so. I learnes to craft my own success, and I have lost and found goals and satisfaction in life. I have changed a lot.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've gotten older, not a lot has changed I think.

2|0
    0|0
  • A lot.
    I was 10 😂
    I’ve definitley matured over the past year though. I’ve also been learning and don’t wanna stop

1|0
    0|0
  • With Samsung S2 notebook life is much better. i have a virtual doctor with Google. i hate doctors, I never go. and uk health care free. Zerowater great for healthy life style. least I am not drinking plastic from tap. like most in world. uk included. Evian is not purest of bottled water dirtier water high score zero water 0 UK tap water 249 Evian bottled water 359

1|0
    0|0
  • All I'll say is getting a man in your life is itself a life-changing experience. I've been reassessing myself, and getting to know myself much better over the past few years.

1|0
    0|0
  • More gray hair. Less likely to beat a fool down for being impolite. Kinder, mostly.

2|0
    0|0
  • Well, I'm still a kid when I want to be but I'm also and adult when I have to be 🤔 I now have the option to act mature 😏

2|0
    0|0
  • Well, I was a annoying, little midget back then, and I'm not a midget anymore.

1|0
    0|0
  • 1. Not homeless
    2. Very independent
    3. Not depressed
    4. No longer suffering ptsd
    5. No longer in the closet
    6. Not a Virgin
    7. One inch taller
    8. More likeminded friends
    9. Considered “influential”
    10. Appreciated now

0|0
    0|0
  • 1. More independent
    2. More wild
    3 Im making more money now
    4. know my worth
    5. SINGLE

1|0
    0|0
  • I don’t have light in my eyes anymore. In pictures they look like shadows. I smile more but mean it less.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm less superficial and more confident and humble and modest and wise

1|0
    0|0
  • Skinnier, healthier, more fit, more social, completely different lookwise, more mature

In other words, A LOT.

1|0
    0|0
  • A lot? I dont know. A decade ago is when I had brain surgery. So I already changed a hellofalot. I know i can't eat a whole large pizza anymore.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm fatter and dating less, mentally I haven't progressed much.

1|1
    0|0
  • Positives: More independent and mature.

Negatives: The ridiculousness of society right now has made me more angry

1|0
    0|0
  • A lot. I have a job and earning my own money. I have grown up as person and learned how to be healthy

2|0
    0|0
  • 10 years back i was a naughty girl but now im matured and naughty only in bed with my hubby

2|0
    1|0
    • Ditto here. Except I feel like the naughtiness might be coming back lately. Ugh

• Show All
    • I'm curious... How naughty exactly?

• Hmm, probably ask the baby to irritate daddy and then Il join the baby as well and tease him. 😛. Il make fun of daddy as well.

• Quite a bit. I used to be very unhappy with who I was and how my life went.

1|0
    0|0
  • A lot, dramatically, changed in some aspects and not so in other aspects... but lets just hope its all for the better..

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm more stable, in a way. I'm out of a bad situation.

1|0
    0|0
  • My life has been completely turned upside down compared to what it was like 10 years ago. Not much in the way of positives to report here.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well I was 15 years old so obviously lol. I've changed a lot.

2|0
    0|0
  • I quit drinking so much Mt Dew went from 15 cans a day yo 3 cans a day. Positive for sure for my life

2|0
    0|0
  • I am more laid back than before I used to lose my temper all the time and flip way more than now I still do it but I am more calm now

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm to busy living my life in the present to give a shit about stuff that happened in the past. I learned from it and I moved on

1|1
    0|0
  • I had confidence, didn’t care what other people thought... now I hate myself

1|0
    0|0
  • Not much. Changed 3 girlfriends and lost a few friends.

2|0
    0|0
  • I'm more lonely, more desperate, and much, much less hopeful for the future.

2|0
    0|0
  • so much forever growing spiritually morally and as a human being

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm not as fat. Also, I was 11, so puberty hit, too.

1|0
    0|0
  • Damn, I miss being a kid again
    Growing up s*cks man

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm actually fairly close to the person I was 10 years ago, just with shorter hair lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I got taller.
    I got thinner.
    My personality changed.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't eat red me and I don't mess with white meat lol and i give zero fucks about everything outside my thoughts

1|0
    0|0
  • Sadly not much, you need an exorcist to make me a better person I guess

1|0
    0|0
  • a lot , I'm more career oriented and prefer quality over quantity in relationships

1|0
    0|0
  • I am still that boy whom I was exactly 10 years ago.

1|0
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes