Is it weird Im usually only attracted to men over 6ft when I'm 5ft myself?

Some people think its funny and others think I'm a hypocrite. I've just always been attracted to guys wayyy taller than me. If he's not hanging over me like a street light I'm not interested ๐Ÿ˜‚. I just find it cute for some strange reason. My last crush was 6ft 4 and I'm only 5ft. Do other short girls like really tall guys to?

2|3

Most Helpful Girls

• I am 5.8 and I also like guys over 6.0" ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    But I think face is a lot more important. I would date a 5.6" guy who has a very attractive face.

Well by nature guys are expected to be taller than women when it comes to dating, because it is perceived as "protective"
    I have encountered couples which have taller females as well.

It is just a preference in my opinion. Just don't insult guys below 6.0" due to their heights xD

And I would like to remind you that most guys prefer short girls because they think short girls are cuter and more feminine. Girls who are 5.11" and over look masculine If you ask me.

For example my younger brother is 6.1" however he prefers girls around 5.2"

0|1
    3|0
  • Iโ€™m 5โ€™ft and my boyfriends 6ft and heโ€™s the perfect height for me. I love it when he cuddles me because I feel safe and loved. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’• Honestly, Iโ€™m open to dating dudes at any height. My last boyfriend was I think 5โ€™4-5โ€™6? It doesnโ€™t bother me since most dudes are taller than me..

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• No, it's not weird. I don't see why someone would call you a hypocrite just because you like tall guys. Many short women like tall guys. It's just a preference you have. we all have different things we find attractive. For someone to criticize a person for something like this just shows how petty they are. I'm 6'2" and have been with women from 5' to 6'1". Obviously, height doesn't matter to me, but there are other things that do. We all have our preferences when it comes to the opposites sex.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it is weird yes, but I have seen this before. maybe they make you feel more secure, or your male role model figure like dad or some teacher or actor was tall. I also wonder if there is a genetic component here, but that is beyond my lightbulb power!

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I feel like with super short people it might actually be a subconsciously biological thing because if you have children with a super tall person they are more likely to be a normal height๐Ÿค”

2|2
    0|0
    • Not really, as a short person, If I had a tall boyfriend I would see him as my guardian, protector, lover, husband and a giant-cutie-bear ๐Ÿ˜Š

Itโ€™s got nothing to do with biology, itโ€™s just our instincts. The bigger the man the more it makes him alpha. And itโ€™s just so masculine and hot.

• Show All
    • @linaashxx lol no offense but youโ€™re so not getting my point

• Neither are you, suit yourself

• I do not think so, whatever fits your type, as long as you do not treat shorter men as any less then human beings, then I say go for it and find yourself a tall one.๐Ÿ˜‰

I personally like women that height myself, so I can sort of relate. (Though I am not that tiny.๐Ÿ˜†)

0|0
    0|0
  • No, you like what you like, but it might be hard to find a tallass guy that meets your other requirements.

It's a good thing I don't have feelings for you. I'm only 5'11

5 ft. Damn. You're tiny

2|2
    0|0
    • I'm 5'11, too. I don't think we get turned down for our height, though.

• that's just your preference, but it's quite cute tbh, i like it when my girlfriend is shorter than me, i don't care if she's tall or short but when they are shorter than me i think it's quite cute.
    i'm 1,84CM's by the way (according to google i'm 6"03)

0|0
    0|0
  • That's some Sort of complex Short Girls have.
    They want to compensate their weakness with a tall (strong) man

0|3
    5|0
  • Normal. Most women are obsessed with guys height for some reason. I understand the girl wanting the guy to be taller than her but I don't get this 6ft+ height requirement some girls have. Especially when they're so short themselves.

1|1
    0|0
  • You are special snowflake indeed

3|4
    2|0
  • You like what you like. I'm 5'2 and my husband is 6'2. Most of the guys I've been involved with in my life have been way taller.

0|0
    0|0
  • im 6'2 my girlfriend is 5'8
    She said she never been with somebody that tall as me and she loves it !
    So you know , every girl wants a tall dude even if they do not say that loud

0|0
    2|0
  • No I'm the same. I'm 4'10 and my man is 6'3

1|0
    0|1
    • Omg we're the same height!!!๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š I've never met someone on here that was my height

• Uhm. . . my lady is 4 ft, 11.

I am 6 ft, 2.

Why would anyone think you are a hypocrite? That's silly.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well some people call it shallow to a preference and that I don't deserve a tall guy because I'm short myself

• Yeah, that's just silly. I have met men who have such specific preferences, it is a wonder they meet women at all.

I know a guy older than me, who claimed he wanted to meet a brunette, with blue eyes no older than 25.

He got what he asked for. And she ripped him off for every cent she could grab.

Just tell those folks to take a leap. At least you are honest about your what you want.

Good luck in your search.

• No, that's relatively common. I am 6'5" and am partial to short girls. I don't limit myself to them, but I love the contrast.

0|0
    0|0
  • Is it weird that I'm not attracted to fat women who call themselves "curvey" to hide the fact they're fat?

0|2
    0|0
  • I am 6 foot and only been with girls that were shorter then me it's Cuz you like the feeling of being dominated and looking up to your man , you feel safe in his Arms,

0|0
    0|0
  • Iโ€™m 5โ€™4โ€ and I prefer tall guys. My shortest ex was 5โ€™8โ€.

0|1
    0|0
  • Congrats on writing off 85% of men Even though your a midget

1|3
    2|0
  • I'm 6"2 and most the girls I date are about 5" so I'd say it's not that strange lol

1|0
    0|0
  • You like what you like, not anyone else's problem dear. For example, I am 3 feet tall, it sometimes helps when I am hiding from the cops.

0|0
    0|0
  • I hear ya. 5ft2 and only dated guys over 6ft5 haha. Without realising though so I just accepted that I just love it ha

0|0
    0|0
  • Iโ€™m over 6 foot I prefer ladies who are shorter than me. Nothing wrong with tall. It is just preference.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think itโ€™s pretty normal honestly, thatโ€™s just what youโ€™re into ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ

0|0
    0|0
  • Iโ€™m 5โ€™5 and I prefer guys who are taller than me but height doesnโ€™t matter. My ex is 6โ€™2

0|0
    0|0
  • Below 5'10 is a manlet and has no game with good women. As a 6'6 hunk I have no such problem, gladly.

0|0
    1|1
  • No, I am 5'3 and I like tall guys too. Like 5'10-6'

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all. Im usually more attracted to short girls, totally common

0|0
    0|0
  • That's a pretty common preference even among short women.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it's weird at all. Every person has their own likes and dislikes, and none are wrong.

0|0
    0|0
  • No most women tend to want to be with men who are taller than them so it's pretty normal

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you hate being short? That might be part of the reason.

0|0
    0|0
  • Seems pretty normal. by the way, I'm 6'7, just sayin', wink wink ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

0|0
    0|0
  • Over 6ft? It could be that you want to feel protected, although height is never a guarantee for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's normal the same as me not wanting to go near any fat chicks

0|0
    0|0
  • not if that's your feelings we all have are choices

0|0
    0|0
  • You are shallow

1|2
    3|0
    • Fine then I'll just date someone I'm not attracted to, to keep you happy then because that the right thing to do and fair on both people in the relationship isn't it. I'm sure you'd date someone you didn't find attractive ๐Ÿ‘

• Show All
    • Didn't tell you to go with the shortest guy. Told you to lower your standards. You need anger management classes first though. Stop replying please.

• Why should she lower her standards? Never got that. It's her preference
      by the way height isn't that important for women. Face matters more. Natalie Portman and Shakira are tiny but beautiful

• Maybe you secretly want to sleep with Bigfoot?

1|0
    0|0
  • Height has never been a thing on my attractometre

0|1
    0|0
  • Hi! I'm 6' 9".

0|0
    0|0
  • Not weird. Most women want taller guys.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it's just your preference.

0|0
    0|0
  • NORMAL

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes...

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't see it's weird.

0|1
    0|0
  • Girls prefer tall men, it's not a secret.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sounds like discrimination ๐Ÿคฌ

0|0
    0|0
  • No that's normal. I love tall men.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|1
  • Yes. Unless you keep a stepladder around..

0|0
    0|0
  • That's quite a big difference

0|0
    0|0
  • No, that seems to be oddly common

0|0
    0|0
  • No it's not weird , I too like guys 6ft up

0|0
    0|0
Show More