How can a girl earn a guys respect?

Also in a group with men? How to be accepted and respected at some kind of level?

how can a girl earn a guys respect?
how can a girl earn a guys respect?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I can’t talk for other guys.. because it’s a very subjective thing. But for me, a girl will earn my respect if she:
    1. Respects me and doesn’t take down about me.
    2. Works just as hard as, if not harder than me.
    3. Have her life together and in order. Can’t have a mess and bring it to my door.
    4. Into working out and fitness. Taking care of herself is the best way to show she respects herself.
    5. Make common sense decisions. Don’t pick fights and spend unnecessary money all the time.
    6. Support whatever I need, but also don’t be afraid to tell me the truth. Even if it’s something I really think I’m good at and I’m not..
    And last, be a freak in bed.. if I’m not good at it, don’t gossip to your girl friends about that shit. Teach me.. and that way it will be better for both!

2|2
    0|1
  • If a guy is like me he already respects you if you're just a good person. You don't have to be smart, you don't have to be talented or anything. Just don't be bad, that's all I need to respect a person because just being good is already a challenge in today's society.

7|3
    0|0
    • 6d

A very wise and mature perception that I share, we need more people like that in this world.

Most Helpful Girls

• Just be yourself honestly. I tried to fit into a guy's group once by faking interest in things they liked, and I acted like what I thought dudes act like. I was always on the back burner when i did that.

I eventually started acting like myself (and yes, I am a bit feminine), and they appreciated that much more. I was able to be their trusted female perspective, and they always include me when they're going out and doing things because they like having me around. Im also a really good wingman lol

1|1
    0|0
  • You will earn the respect of people in general if you are true to yourself, do not lower your standards, if you are a responsible person and you are kind to those who do you good.

2|3
    0|2

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Be your own person (have your own interests, quirks and strengths). Respect yourself and others. Communicate clearly (no hints or manipulation) - guys are not good with the indirect thing. Be open minded (dont judge everyone who has a different view). Defend your boundaries firmly.

1|2
    0|0
  • Respect yourself, that's the most important thing
    Aka respect your body, don't throw it around from a guy to another, and don't abuse it
    Respect your behaviour, treat others the way you want to be treated
    Respect your mind, grow it and evolve its horizons, always give it thoughts to eat, so you become a better smarter person in general

4|1
    0|0
  • Act reserved. Carefully listen to what others say. Provide your own insight in a discussion, obly if you know about it. Upvote acceptable and good opinions.
    Men likes smart women, I personally get impressed by girls who can share great insights or out smarts me in something that I like.

0|1
    1|0
  • The key is to be able to not be disgusted my masculine behavior.

For example, if a guy talks about how he wants to bend over that waitress over the table and fuck her from behind... u gotta have a sense of humor and not be disgusted.

Second example : If one of the guys playfully calls another guy in the group a faggot or a pig-fucker or a filthy bastard... u gotta be able to see the humor in that and not be turned off by it.

1|0
    4|3
  • Well many do if a woman is intelligent and kind, but I have also seen guys saying a girl earned his respect because of her spot on sense of humor and wittiness.

But you don't have to be anything extraordinary. I think being a genuinely good and respectful human being will make others respect you. And of course, you HAVE to respect yourself first.

0|1
    0|0
  • Respect yourself first. Know what you want and act as it is just as important than anyone else's interest. Don't believe in law of attraction and shit like that. It communicates that you just wait for others to do the work for your goals. That isn't a problem but people don't like to work their ass off and not having recognition for that because you think you attracted it to your life.

0|1
    0|0
  • You will earn the respect of people in general if you are true to yourself, do not lower your standards, if you are a responsible person and you are kind to those who do you good.

0|0
    0|0
  • You shouldn't need to do anything special to get someone's respect, just be a normal human being with good social skills.

I sense you're trying to go the extra mile to get his attention to be something more. If that's the case, don't do it, you'll just look desperate. If you do like him, just go up and start flirting to make things happen. Trying to be sneaky about it is the wrong approach.

0|0
    0|0
  • Step into the Octagon.

How can a girl earn a guys respect?

We'll respect the shit out of you.

1|1
    0|2
  • Different men respect different things, but you should have firm moral standards no matter what and also cultivate your personality so that you would be someone that decent people would want to hang out with even if you were an ugly man.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show a sense of independence rather than rely on men. Work hard on your career and yourself before seeking relationships. Respect yourself and we will respect you

1|0
    0|0
  • Just be yourself. Don't be too eager. And tell the truth, don't lie. In a relationship it is much more important to me since I value the trust between each other the most.

1|0
    0|0
  • At first I automatically give people my respect and it's up to them to keep it that way. You will lose my respect if you hide your true self, or if you don't show respect. Don't lie or manipulate them. Focus on stuff you both care about and don't discuss the differences. Be yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me no one Man or women have earned my respect I give it To them at the first automatically it’s up to them to keep it I must say that most people do everything they can to lose it

0|0
    0|0
  • Don´t be someone you´re not. State your opinions and don´t be submissive. Soon you´ll be one of the guys.

0|0
    0|0
  • can't say about others, firstly i never disrespect a girl and second she doesn't need to do anything to earn anything to earn respect, just be the way you are

1|1
    0|0
  • pretending to be someone you're not is not going to earn you respect from anyone... be true to yourself.

1|0
    0|0
  • The same way any other human being. As long as you are a decent person, and they are decent persons themselves, they will respect you.

0|1
    0|0
  • By being authentic and self confident. By standing by your values as opposed to being influenced. By being laid back and respectful towards yourself as well as others.

1|1
    0|0
  • Depends on the guy. You have to earn a deep admiration, so you need qualities he admires.

0|0
    0|0
  • The thought it self is nice to hear. Genuine help in a guys matter no matter how small it is. And giving them clear choices of what you want when you eat can make you look severely cool and respected.

0|0
    0|0
  • Respect them, and let them be.
    After it, practice some of the hobbies they share as a group, must be some you accept.
    And never let them go more there of what you afford to.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1. Hold him accountable
    2. Be direct about what you want (I want to make my woman happy but she has to communicate with me)
    3. Hold him to your standards

1|0
    0|0
  • by respecting him and for the love of god dont emasculate him that shit dont wash off

0|4
    0|0
  • I think they respect attractive women like myself lol. Nuff said.

0|1
    7|2
  • Understand them and dont generalize guys. Every gender should do that.

0|1
    0|0
  • You shouldn’t be trying to earn their respect at all if your the minority it’s the majoritys to give your respectful hospitality.
    Regardless first is dressing up dress modestly I say this because sexist or not the way you dress turns men on as you know getting turned on is uncontrollable you see it happens. For men things like thongs skirts anything tight is going to do that.
    Secondly is topics of discussion don’t discuss what differences there are between you man and woman discuss mutually discussable subjects e. g tv shows.
    Thirdly and lastly it’s the way you speak if you talk in a certain way like “awww you poor thing” guys think your flirting if you said “well sucks for you” that’s normal almost man stuff.

2|0
    0|0
  • Be who you are. If you are not respected, those people don't deserve to be around you. As to being accepted again, be who you are. Don't play fake.

0|0
    0|0
  • Know what you're talking about, don't create drama, be good at whatever it is that the group meets to do (play Soccer/Football, for example)

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't be a bitch, don't be a player, don't be a hoe. That's it.

1|1
    0|0
  • Be shorter in your speech by only relaying pertinent information in a group. With an individual male it's different.

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree with the other guys, I'm always respectful to everyone I meet until they disrespect me. A lot of times girls want to know how to measure up, that's good but should also make sure you don't pick those that don't measure up for you. Then you're stuck asking yourself why you're not enough, when really it's them. That's how everyone should think. The biggest way for me to lose respect is emasculating by assuming your incapable of doing anything. It could be as simple as calling a professional mechanic when you know your man works on cars himself.

0|1
    0|0
  • Just be herself. I think real guys like girls for who they are.

0|1
    0|0
  • Honesty, in words and actions. That’s pretty much all I ask.

1|0
    0|0
  • By setting boundaries if he go too far and to respect your own values

0|0
    0|0
  • Men have our own ways of behaving and acting with each other or things we do for ourselves. Don't come into our space and then boss us around. If we make dirty jokes and put each other in headlocks and talk business sports etc stuff you might not be into just try to learn or shush and dont get in our way. This is where the women should be seen and not heard comes from but we would actually love to hear from you but you got to respect what we are doing. Like if some girl comes in my house and starts telling me how to organize my kitchen while im goofing with my guys ill be mad at her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Respect is earned by showing or demonstrating ability.

0|0
    1|0
  • Just be yourself and don't act stuck up you should be fine.

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't be a bitch or slut. Respect yourself and people will respect you

0|0
    0|0
  • Not being a slut is always a good start

0|0
    0|0
  • I respect everyone as long as they aren’t a dick

2|1
    0|0
  • be fateful

0|0
    0|0
  • By having self decency.

1|0
    0|0
  • I hear honesty is a good start!

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't be needy and be funny and talented

0|0
    0|0
  • By remaining a virgin

0|0
    0|0
  • You do not earn it, you keep it. Make sense?

0|0
    0|0
  • Perform amazing sex techniques.

0|0
    1|3
  • Good morals and some who can stand up for herself.

1|0
    0|0
  • She musnt be simple

0|0
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes