How long did it take for you to adjust to moving out of your parents place?

I am getting resdy to move out of my parents place. I always felt like the house I grew up in was no place to live and I hated it. But I wonder how am I going to feel when I have to stay in an apartment without my dad to come home and say "you okay?" Or my mom to be making her tacos. Or even how its going to feel not being able to go the corner store where everybody has known me since I was 12 and having to adjust to new neighbors and paying for EVERYTHING on my own.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• For me, it was surprisingly easy. Enjoying my new freedom outweighed the unfamiliarity of the new situtation all the time. I wondered if I would suddenly start to miss my parents, too. But that never happened.
    Run the house and live on my own, was surprisingly easy, too. Right after I moved out was the time when I learned how many of the things my parents did and wanted me to do, too, were completely useless to me. I never needed nice looking plates, table clothes, ironed tshirts, rimblocks, or colorful drapery. I don't even need a hot meal each day. But maybe that's just me.
    Anyway, moving out is a GREAT chance to find out what life looks like when you live it YOUR way. That should be way more exciting than the felt or real loss of the warmth of your childhood hurts. You gonna get to know yourself way better. And hopefully, you'll like what you see.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes