Do you judge a book by its cover?

Do you judge people based on their outward appearanceDo you judge a book by its cover?

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• I would not ignore the data from the cover yes, that's just foolish. And I would open the book to see its contents if opening it is easy and if I don't have 10000 other books I need to consider.

1|0
    0|0
  • We kind of have to... we just need to realize that those are very limited judgements that we can make.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• What the fuck else would I judge a book by? That's the whole point of the cover, to give you an idea of what's inside, usually with some sort of art work and a synopsis.

1|0
    0|0
  • sometimes or at least open it and read a page or two in the middle to see if you like it

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• no, I hate judging others.. however if by their own actions it forces me to reassess how i view them I suppose you could say I then judge them...
    but would only be by their actions towards others or myself that determine how i view them

but to judge on appearances is silly and doesn't allow for a more fairer or complete assessment of anyone's personality, which will often lead to many incidents of miscommunication, conflicts etc

1|1
    0|0
  • I read much deeper with an observation than most. I can see the level of physical labor you have done in your life from a far. How you interact with others before I even speak with you will tell volumes to me. Body language is also a perception of personality for me. For most people observation only goes skin deep. I'm more like Sherlock Holmes.

1|1
    0|0
  • Hate to admit but I do, almost always subconsciously. I just create this persona for the person before talking to them. It's like I see someone that looks nice, and it's like, "oh she seems nice", same with people who seem mean. But that 'persona' breaks once I actually talk or get to know them.

A lot of people do it to me too, because I have a resting bitch face, I've been told my close friends that at first they were scared to approach me cause I seemed mean lmao

1|0
    0|0
  • When it's an extreme appearance yeah. But I generally try to see people's personalities first before making a decision.

1|1
    0|0
  • We all do whether we choose to admit it or not. I just remain open minded and wait for their actions to tell me more about them.

1|0
    0|0
  • good post I don't not unless their, homeless cuz I was attacked by 1 guy who was homeless an high on drugs but lucky for me some 1, called cops an they arrived after he attacked me

1|0
    0|0
  • I do judge someone when I first see them but I make sure to keep my mind open when actually getting to know them

1|0
    0|0
  • i do, you can easily understand the quality of the book by its cover

1|1
    0|0
  • Never. I wait until I know what is in the book, before I judge

1|0
    0|0
  • I judge it by reading the back to see if it sounds interesting.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. More often than not, the cover tells you all you need to know.

1|0
    0|0
  • yes-i can gain a feel of who they are-i'm usually right.

1|0
    0|0
  • Only with regards to my gut instinct.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I especially judge actual books by the cover.

1|0
    0|0
  • nope

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes...

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes...

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes so bad bad i do i want to change this

1|0
    0|0
  • No you make a mistake if you do

1|0
    0|0
  • yes i do
    first impression is the last impression

1|0
    0|0
  • Not at all, have you saw me

1|0
    0|0
  • Why is I get a billion questions from you? And they are annoying AF.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes