Ladies, would you be mad if your man wanted SEPARATE bank accounts even when MARRIED?

I always said if I got married I never want a joint bank account, although when married me and my future wife to be would share the same life, but I still think certain things are best kept separate, bank accounts being one of them. The reasons I want separate bank accounts is because:

A) If she has a problem with it then I know why she's really in the relationship.
B) There will be no or at least less arguments about how much we both bring in.
C) If we ever divorced then we know how much is mine and how much is hers, I never want a divorce but it's wise to prepare for the worse.

Plus I think a joint bank account is very unnecessary in this day and age since most women have jobs of their own instead of being housewives like back then, so if we both have jobs of our own and make our own income I don't see the point in having a joint bank account.

P. S: I decided this when my mom and my old step dad had a divorced and took all the money from their joint bank account and didn't leave my mom or me a pot to piss in. (I was 13 at the time)
  • I WOULD BE MAD 😠
  • I WOULD NOT BE MAD ☺️

7343

Most Helpful Girl

• How come every time this question is asked ( do a search just to see how often it gets asked) it gets lots of replies. Yet when I ask some original question that no one asked before it gets a ho hum response? Don't people get tired of answering the same questions over and over? :( But for the record, you are dumb if you don't have separate accounts. You never know when one may have a gambling, drug, or some other problem where they spend everything in a joint account or even clean it out and disappear.

• I'm surprised of how many replies this question got. I don't know why your opinion got so many dislikes. My old stepdad pretty much cleaned out my mom and his joint bank account while they were divorcing. Anyway here's an MHO.