If a woman is dressed very provocatively, is she "asking for it"?

Some people argue that if a woman is dressed very provocatively, that is a form of sexual consent. What do you think?If a woman is dressed very provocatively, is she

2993

Most Helpful Girls

• To be honest... the situation depends. First, anyone should feel safe and secure to dress any way they want. So if a girl wants to wear a half shirt and booty shorts, she should be able to without the concern of getting assaulted or touched. However, like many given rights, freedom of speech, equality, etc. There are consequences to our actions. And wearing stuff like that is sadly one of them. For no matter the argument, dressing like that will always attract attention. Good or bad, no matter how you cut it. And being that mankind is just a bunch of crazy right now, there will always be that one creep or weirdo that will escalate things with said person. ALWAYS. You don't even have to dress sexy to attract these kinda people. So while she certainly isn't "asking for it", or deserve being approached, she is increasing the risk of enticing weirdos to approach. So she should take into consideration wearing such things, and take precautions when out like that (be with friends at all times, have police on speed dial, stay sober, stay in big crowds, dont go out to late, etc.) . The sad truth of life really... and it happens with guys too!! Whether a guy is working out, on a jog, at the beach, etc. There are always chances he'll get approached by that one insane girl or guy who thinks just because they are cute and or shirtless or something, that they want to be approached. When in actuality, the dude just wants to chill, and is annoyed by their insistent gestures, or inappropiate touches. Heck, sometimes being with a s/o or child isn't even enough to persuade them to leave. I'd even say that they have it a little rougher, seeing as to how a person would be more inclined to help a women in this situation out more than a guy. Which often causes him to fight back against their advantages more forcibly, and risk getting arrested or attacked by people around who read the scene wrong and thought he was just abusing a women or man publicly... So in conclusion, people in this world suck, and it's wise to remember that and take precautions when out in public. No matter if you're in a cute outfit or not. For even if your not dressing for attention, and you just want to feel sexy for yourself, people will be pervs and try to do something. So be safe, and be careful.

• No. I like my skirts extra short and you can sit and admire all you want but touch me and I will grab you by ya neck quick.

But at the same time, I also understand why people "assume" that.

Most Helpful Guys

• I mean I think to awnser bluntly no she isn't asking for it. I would say she is asking for attention and with that attention one must be aware of the risks. For example I'm very much a grower not a shower, so if I where to run naked down the street I can't complain and say people people laughed at my dick. Now if some woman grabbed it I she has crossed the line.

Basically if a guy hits on a girl and she doesn't want that but she is dressed provocatively I have no sympathies. If she is then touched etc. The guy or girl who touched has crossed a line.

• I'm suprised I got 3 likes, I may not have explained well, you need to still take care. I and most guys think like this but some the ones who have different cultures or religions that treat women as more like disposable objects then they won't think the same so you still need to be ready to defend yourself.

And I do agree with that other guy location matters. What is going out attire here is an invitation somewhere else. Italy and Greece i've not heard great things from also the obvious middle east etc.

• Why is the girl always blamed for her dressing, what about guy's thinking, i think they are pervert who like she is asking for it, every girl should be free to wear anything she likes without the fear of getting misjudged