Why do women judge men on how they look rather than getting to know who they are?

Why do women judge men on how they look rather than getting to know who they are?

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• We are instinctively driven to find a mate baised on looks? Its biological we can't help who we think is hot or not.

0|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Lol. As if men were only attracted to girls with beautiful souls, and never ever cared about the body and the sex appeal of a woman. If you flirt with gorgeous woman while you’re average don’t complain if she reject you the same way you rejected the girls of your league. Everyone is free to have his standards. And your question is a real bullshit because I have seen more attractive women with ugly men than the opposite.

4|2
    0|1
    • Lmaoooo i wrote this question because of me cause lots of women just say things to me oh you look like this n thats

• 1. It's not just women judging men on their looks - it's EVERYONE judging the opposite sex on their looks.
    2. Vulgar, but logic and simple - you can't fuck with the character. Everyone is looking for someone who is firstly attractive enought to be a sexual turn on, and after he/she meets that condition we can check if his-her character is nice.

1|2
    0|0
  • Looks are important in a relationship. They’re not the most important thing, but physical attraction and intimacy play a big role in romantic relationships, so I think it’s reasonable that we take them into consideration along with personality. I wouldn’t date a guy just because of his looks but I also wouldn’t date him if I wasn’t physically attracted to him.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm not gonna lie and say my boyfriend's not attractive because (to me at least) he is. However what first caught my attention was the fact that during our psychology class we were doing a sort of introduction game where we all gathered in a circle and would say our names and then associate the first letter of our name with a fruit that started with that same letter. Therefore if the person before me said his name was Adam and he was taking an apple I would then say "I'm going on a picnic with Adam who's taking an apple and I'm Pai and I'll be taking a pear." Obviously as we went around the circle and more people introduced themselves that little chant became increasingly long and my boyfriend (who was a complete stranger at the time) had been secretly typing out what everyone had been saying on his phone so that when it got to him he could just read it off his phone... unfortunately he wasn't very discreet about it and got busted. However that same day as I was heading back to class I saw him sitting at a table by himself headphones in, eyes fixed on his phone... truthfully I was going to completely walk past him as I'm not normally one to go out of my way to meet someone but I remebered how amusing I found him during class and stopped literally walked backwards and said "Hey your Jake right? You brought the jumper cables?" And offered him my hand, thankfully (Lord bless) his cheating during class paid off and he was like "Yeah and your Pai you brought the pear?" After that we just kinda clicked. We'd sit together in class meet up for lunch on days we weren't in the same class and one day he texted me and was like "Hey maybe you should let me annoy you when we're not on campus sometime?" Truthfully I was a bit skeptical about getting close to him as he's two years younger and I've never been one to date younger guys... but then again... I've never been one to spend 8 hours in person with someone and another 3 in a phone call with them straight after and STILL want to talk to him. So for me it wasn't his looks I was drawn to but his humour.

Anywayyy apologies for the novel 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • It's science. You notice phenotype before anything else. And usually the phenotype gives an idea of the type of mating you will receive. So for reproductive reasons we want to have the ones with most desirable traits to reproduce more desirable traits. Biology is very interesting related to sex.

1|0
    1|0
  • Guys do that. They even have bumper stickers that say "No fat chicks!"

1|0
    0|0
    • That's not too much to ask for, is it.

• Show All
    • @EclipseoftheHeart

It's, like I said, easier to not be fat, than to have the 'perfect' dick...

• Some girls have no logic whatsoever lol. This conversation is just bizarre. At least compare similar traits.

Men are born with their penis size.

A fat woman chooses to be fat.

No man would EVER choose to have a skinny penis if that was within our control. But women are okay being morbidly obese. Of course the morbidly obese women also always seem to have the most kids from the most baby daddies lol so even in the case of fat girls they still get plenty of love and sex whereas I imagine most guys with extra small penises are forever alone.

• But I mean don't we all? Its human nature.

I mean If a guy looks... too aggressive or like a scary harry. Not clean etc. Yeah, my survival mode is saying to avoid.

It also normal to look at people in general and connect to those you feel you will have more in common with.

I like clean men. So yes when I view a man I'm checking out how he keeps himself up.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because yes, personality is more important than appearance but hey it’s not like I walk up to a person I find unattractive and thin well maybe he’s nice? No, appearance is what attracts and personality is what keeps.

1|0
    0|0
    • True but I also feel like if women get to know the guy a bit first before he shows he wants to date her he has better chances of her then finding him attractive.

• I dunno, have seen only the opposite, but is it really too much to ask for a guy to be decently dressed and have showered in the past week? Once they pass this bar I am more than willing to get to know them as people.

1|1
    0|0
  • I think you have it the other way around lol and yeah like why would I not have standards? I'm attracted to looks mostly so do you want me to force myself to be with a guy I don't like just cus it is not fair to judge people based on looks?
    It is not like I treat bad looking guys badly. I just am interested in specific guys and I mostly do short flings anyway

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean their are some girls who are pretty shallow as well as their are fuckboys haha. Most girls do try to judge and like someone based on their personality but obviously we have to be somewhat physically attracted to the guy. they dont have to be a model or anything but they should at least take care of themselves

1|0
    0|0
  • Because you cannot get to know every men on the whole planet personally, you have to start with looks and then get to know his personality.

Same goes the other way round, men do the same on women, for the same reason.

0|0
    0|0
  • How and what someone looks like is going to be your first point of attraction. To want to get to know someone you have to be attracted to them in one way or the other. Looks are generally the first point of call.

0|0
    0|0
  • because women think they are hot, love sex and don't care who you are if you're a man unless you are very hot too or have money.

That's why men don't bother anymore and just send dick pics

0|0
    0|0
  • Because men do the same

Also, we have the right to date who we want. If you want our attention and your not on our radar, how about doing something that'll catch our attention? In a good way, don't be a dochebag.

0|0
    0|0
  • its called love at first sight
    You look hot in her eyes she falls into the bed with you at first date ;)
    Your looks can make u or break you remember that

0|0
    0|0
  • For the same reason that men judge women on how they look rather than getting to know who they are.

1|0
    0|0
  • Everyone judges looks to a degree, same as men do to women.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not all do. Its the first thing they notice, though, the first impression

0|1
    0|0
  • Because you can't help it if you don't want to fuck an ugly person? U can't force yourself to wanna bang a person.

2|2
    0|1
  • Same thing men do. If they don't 'attract' you then nothing is going anywhere fast.

Love can't start 'till attraction does, and then there needs to be a conversation.

0|0
    0|0
  • Everybody judges based on looks. The idea that we shouldn't is naive.

0|0
    0|0
  • All humans usually do that, not only women as some men claim, not only men as some women claim. At least if someone is looking for a partner they must feel a minimum degree of attraction or have a first good impression to feel in the mood to give each other a chance, and I don't think any guy will stop and talk to a girl they find unattractive without knowing anything about her, same way a girl would not keep talking to a stranger guy if she doesn't feel any attraction... no human would do that... unless they are pretty desperate.

0|0
    0|0
  • For the same reason men are judging women by their looks.

1|0
    0|0
  • *sigh* Mostly, they don't. Try not to overgeneralize. If they seem to do it to you, it's likely observer bias.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is a people thing. Men do the same thing with women. We judge on looks and sometimes ignore based on looks alone.

0|0
    0|0
  • They have the luxury of doing it because men come to them

0|0
    0|0
  • They're shallow. I wish they only cared about personality like men do

0|1
    0|0
  • Everyone does it, some more than others. It's not a female thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • We get judged by our looks way more 😒🤨

5|2
    0|0
    • lol. Remind of this meme.

Guy: I want her to be skinny but not too skinny, to have a big booty, but a thigh gap, a tiny waist a flat stomach and big boobs, and a solide 8 face

Girl: I want a boyfriend taller than me

Guy: geez.. women are soo superficial! What about true loooveeee?

• Thank god i am at least above average looking for an indian

0|0
    0|0
  • Other way around buddy

2|0
    0|2
  • I feel like this question is a joke😂

0|0
    0|1
  • Why do people make sweeping statements

0|1
    0|1
  • I get to know them

0|1
    0|0
  • We want the best of the best

0|1
    0|0
  • ... next question

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol, don’t you?

0|0
    0|0
  • We all do it

0|0
    0|0
  • Why do men do the same thing?

0|0
    0|0
    • 7d

Well hey it goes both ways but im speaking on what I experienced 🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️ so dont try to come here n say anything because im a guy saying it🤨🤨

• That's what men do.

0|0
    0|0
  • I thought most people do that. First impressions. If I'm in a relationship, I have to be physically and sexually attracted to the person. If I find them physically attractive then I'd want to get to know him. I don't see how a romantic, sexual relationship would work if the two (or one) aren't even physically and sexually attracted to each other.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm always willing to give people the chance to charm me into dating them tho.

• Show All
    • Well, today was your lucky day.

• I bet 😆😆

• I don’t really, maybe because I have been attracted to many guys which include from pale to dark, thin, muscled, chubby, different hair colors, etc. I have a broad range of what I’ve liked. There have been times where I was friends with guys and wasn’t attracted to them, but getting to know them, it made them more attractive and the looks followed through as well. I’m just not a picky person in general.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because looks are the most important factor in a relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • Thought it was the opposite

0|1
    0|0
    • Not all guys do that we are not the same remember there’s lots of different countries around the world 🌎

• So did I. Where is this coming from?

• Because a lot of women are shallow but both genders can be shallow. In my experience women are more shallow than men.

0|4
    2|0
    • But then it's also about being attracted to someone

• Show All
    • 😂😂 nah for me rejection is like taking i bullet 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Oh 😑 well maybe instead of asking someone on a date just ask if they wanna hang out some time and see how it goes

• Right back at the male race.

1|0
    0|0
    • Its not a competition 🤷🏽‍♂️ its fax

• Show All
    • It's fact kid. Women do it too.

• 🥴🥴🥴

• Because I don’t want to date someone I’m not physically attracted to

1|0
    0|0
    • So you mean if i was lookin like a homeless man with my pants all torn up I wouldn’t stand a chance 😂😂😂

• Probably not 🤔😂

Recommended myTakes