Is there such thing as female privilege?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Less time in jail for the same crime, rarely being seen as the perpetrators of domestic violence when it's about 50/50. And in non reciprocal DV it's closer to 90% female perpetrators.

The laws that exist make it a worse crime to harm a woman than it is to harm a man (violence against women act)

Legally women cannot rape men, because of no provision for made to penetrate..

Women get away with child abuse and child neglect (71% of all child abuse, child neglect, and child death is at the hands of mothers alone)

Female teachers get away with sexually assaulting little boys..

When it comes to divorce and women, it's like winning the lottery for them especially if there is kids involved.

0|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Men have it the worst, but they also have it the best. Women are around the middle. For example a woman in the US or UK is very unlikely to ever kill herself because guys will always flock to her and be there for her, same for homelessness. A woman will mostly have a man willingly to shelter her unlike men. That said, and this is what men completely ignore when complaining about women, its hard for women to get into positions of power. Men automatically dismiss women or don't want to follow them. If a woman wants to do good for herself a guy will tell her to get back in the kitchen. Its lame as hell.

0|0
    0|0
    • 9 d ago

I agree it is lame. A lot about gender roles is lame on both sides, but honestly when you look at it from a broad perspective, why would men (already in a position of power) want women in positions of power? (government, workplace etc) It is not an advantageous for men in any way. Because its nice and its progressive? It doesn't help men to do that. Whether it is right or wrong is a different argument.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Getting the kids in most cases of divorce and people usually trust us more in potentionally dangerous situations. Like if someone needs a ride I think most people would rather let a strange women into their car than a stranger men

0|0
    0|0
  • Every group probably has some advantages over others. the question really is, is female privilege contributing to the overall oppression of males and others? I do not believe so.

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh absolutely. It's very real. Education, jobs, court cases, double standards, and more. Women are privileged in most areas.

0|1
    0|0
  • Everyone has some sort of privilege and disadvantage in my opinion

2|0
    0|0
  • yes and the same goes for male privelage

0|0
    0|0
  • in some ways yes but not a lot

1|0
    0|1
  • Oh yeah.

0|0
    0|0
  • Duh! Only white males have it "good"! Everyone else is "oppressed"!

0|1
    0|0
  • Yup.

0|0
    0|0
  • Surw

0|0
    0|0
  • 0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes