Girls, Have you ever logic-ed yourself out of dating a guy you genuinely like? If so, why?

So I recently got epically shot down by this girl I had a bit of a crush on. She did it in the worst way too, by telling some mutual friends to tell me off. She totally blocked me on everything, and there is absolutely no shot in hell that I will ever even see this girl again. Now, I'm pretty much labelled the creepy guy.

Now, apparently I wasn't picking up on her signals. She would tell me to stop certain things, ( and I always respected her wishes immediately) but she never told me to stop until the very end of things. I always picked up a vibe that she wasn't super interested, but she always told me that it was depression, and that she was working through it. I even asked her to tell me if anything made her uncomfortable, many times to avoid this situation.

Even though she never said it, apparently she was telling me to back off.

Even as I look back on the situation today; I STILL think this girl really was interested in me, even if not for dating. I know that she isn't interested in dating me, of course, but I gotta believe that girl and I had a connection.

I have to believe that I wasn't totally wrong, but I'm happy to hear your feedback, if you want to message me.

Ladies, have you ever liked a guy, but shot him down anyway? Why?
6