Does Getting A Tattoo Hurt? What Should I Expect?

I am planning on getting two Aquarius sign tattoos. One on one of my fingers and one on my right wrist for my 16th birthday.

When I told my mom about this, she told me no. Then, I showed her the pictures of the two tattoos I want on me. She changed her mind after I explained to her where I want my tattoos. She agrees with this and I felt relieved.

When I was 14 years old, I was planning on getting a tattoo, after finding out through my cousin that it hurts, I changed my mind and then looked up how old I have to be to get a tattoo, it said that I can get a tattoo at 16 with a parent to come with me. It said that for 17-year-olds too. 18 and older can get a tattoo legally without a parent.

I looked something up that was similar to tattoos and it happened to follow into the tattoo category. It said something like that I need to make sure that I will like the tattoo when I'm in my 30s or so.

I don't like making mistakes, no-one does.

What do I need to expect from getting a tattoo? Do I need to keep it away from the sun and heat? Or no? I just want my Zodiac sign on my body and I'm pretty sure that I want this tattoo.
5
1