Traveling solo after high school as a girl?

I’m seventeen year old, a senior in high school, and hoping to get the fuck out of my town as soon as I graduate. I’ve saved up about $8000 from two summer jobs. While I’m applying college in the fall, and fully attend to go to university, I also feel like I start the new stage of my life with a story to tell. I want my high school self to burn — years of stress and teenage bullshit in my rich town with abusive parents (mothers an alcoholic recovering from cancer) and my father’s wealthy as hell (easily angered, travels to UAE a lot for work). I’m depressed, My friends are fake, School is intense and has a culture unlike most due to high socioeconomic status (rich people and a lot of Asians in the Bible Belt — I’m graduating w/a 4.6 and If my school ranked I’d be in the bottom 50%) I want to shed the mind games and the morally bankrupt people. I want to really love and live. I want adventure, and I want to write about it and I want to be a child doing crazy things one last time — I want to either drive my car across the states and sleep in Walmart parking lots or solo hike the Appalachian Trail. I get that I’m a girl. I get that I’m just a kid even when I have that diploma. But everyone began somewhere, and I need to be the type of person that begins.

Thoughts? Don’t convince me not to leave. Tell me how to survive, and why I should do it in spite of the fear. Just for a few months.
28 d
sorry, lots of typos. lol the gist is there though
28 d
And feel free to weigh in on the two options: hiking the AT solo (physical fitness, transcendental intentions) or traveling the us and sleeping in parking lots (jack Kerouac— I guess? I don't know I had a teacher tell me about this one a few years back)
7
1