What to know about police reports?

Stay with me here. So I was out with my boyfriend really late and my phone wasn’t working so my parents thought I went missing and called the police. I couldn’t tell them I was out with him because they’re very religious and would literally destroy my life. So I came up with a story about how I was chased by guys and hide for a while. And now they want to file a police report? Will the police know I’m lying? How does it all work? Will there actually be an investigation or will they just add it to the files? We’re doing it over the phone but I don't know if they’ll call me in for further investigation. I said in my story that the guys didn’t touch me but they did say sexual things. Ik this is probably everything against your moral obligations but please help me. I would rather I get in trouble then my boyfriend because my parents are insane and will probably find a way to put him in jail. So the police report is the only way. Unless I can tell them that I don’t want to do it but I don't know why wouldn’t. Please help me.
What to know about police reports?
Add Opinion