I can't get over this girl. I think she might actually like me back now, but I get anxiety over the thought of pursuing her. Any advice?

Anonymous
Over a year ago, I asked out this girl I liked. She said no and I moved on, or at least I thought I did. Every time I see her, I still get a little nervous. When I'm hanging out in a group and I know she's coming, I make sure to take an extra shower, dress nicer than usual, and put on some cologne. I wasn't conscious of myself doing this before, but last night I realized that I do this every time I anticipate seeing her so I know I still have feelings.

I hung out with her in a group last night and I focused on talking to other people. I didn't want to give her too much attention. Oddly, that attracted her to talk to me. She started asking me questions about myself, job, birthday, etc. This is the most she's ever taken interest in me. It's usually me asking her questions. She even invited me to hang out with her next weekend and promised we'll be in touch. She's never done that before.

After we left one of the spots we were hanging out, we went for a walk. Someone in the group pointed out this statue inside of a building. My crush couldn't see it, then she leaned against my shoulder. Normally when a girl gets close to me like this, I put my arm around her. But I was too scared. I kinda stepped away and pointed. She kept moving closer, but I wasn't feeling it.

We went to the next spot and I kept my distance. Then when everyone was ready to go home, I said bye and crossed the street to go towards my car. She said bye and see ya next time. Then she called out my name again and waved. Maybe she's just being friendly and more comfortable with me now. I'm too nervous and don't know how to get over this anxiety. I HATE rejection.
0
2