My ex got with a girl who seems nice after dumping me (also a nice girl) for a hoe. What does that say about me?

Anonymous
My first love broke my heart so bad. He ghosted me and got with a woman who is basically a hoe. She was pretty and even though I’m also beautiful, I totally transformed after that experience. I would make sure that I was beautiful from head to toe every day, taking extra care to feel good about myself. Whenever I would feel haunted by what happened with him, I would do something to lift my self esteem like get my nails done or go out to party. In a way I feel that I thought that even though i had always identified myself as a good woman, I suddenly wanted to change. I even started to overcompensate for my damaged self esteem by pretending to be more confident than I really am. I started to show off my accomplishments on social media when before I was so private and humble. I changed a lot. And coincidentally, social media is just how I discovered the new girl that my ex is with. 2 years have passed, and it was by pure coincidence that a mutual Facebook friend tagged the girl and said my exes nickname in the caption. I looked at her page and realized that she was obviously his new girlfriend and was probably in love because her last name was his last name. They might even be married. I felt slightly happy for him to found a good girl. She seems like a way better pick than the last girl whom he was with who he chose over me (the girl with multiple children by different men). Honestly, she seemed nice. It wasn’t a surprise that she was pretty because he always went for pretty girls, but what made me sad is that she seemed very much like how I used to be before I changed so much because of how badly my heart got broken. She didn’t come across as a show off, she seemed... nice. And it hurt me a lot to think why didn’t he appreciate me when I was nice like that? It makes me feel like I just can’t win.
14 d
Additionally, I have attempted to meet my own “mr. right” but the guys I dated after my first love weren’t right for me. It never got too far, not because they or myself didn’t get along but because I lost interest in even trying and it seemed like so much work to try to like people. I figure if I can’t naturally vibe with someone it must mean that they aren’t the one, right?
14 d
I guess what I’m saying is that he basically played me for a girl who was the total opposite of me. And later on down the line, after I have changed and become kind of similar as the other girl (minus the hoeing), I randomly discover that he got with someone who I feel seems to
be a genuinely nice girl like how I was in back then.
2
0