Why are women commonly referred to as girls but men are rarely referred to as boys?

I must admit, this really bothers me big time. The only thing more bothersome to me is when people assume religion and spirituality are the same thing and interchangeable. I expect people to know better.

Even in emoticons, they separate the girls and women. Girls with pigtails and women without them. See below? This is a woman, girl, man, boy.

👩 (woman)
👧 (girl)
👨 (man)
👦 (boy)

People need to start calling people right based on age and gender unless you want to just use male and female all the time.

You hardly hear of men referred to as boys. Only things like homeboys or hanging out with my boys in the crib. Stuff like that said. Honestly they are called men in very formal instances while women many times will still be called girls and rarely women at a large rate.

Please explain why this is! Does it bother you also?

When I hear of women called girls, it makes me think the callers of that don't expect the women to take accountability or responsibility but men are said to be a man and be the best man he can be.
People views females about equal whether women or girls
People see women as immature more like girls compared to men immature like boys
It is just sexy to call women as girls
Vote C
Another answer (explain)
Vote D
GirlGuy
0
6