When a woman gets mad at you for what feels like a hidden reason, how can you find out this hidden reason?

YHL6965
Let's say a woman gets mad at you, she talks about a lot of things in her anger but you feel like none of that is the true reason of her anger. How can you figure out the real reason why she is mad without making the situation worse? How can you tell her that you feel like there is a hidden reason without making her even more angry or emotional?

I was told that the real reason could be indirectly tied to what she is saying (not necessarily though) but that I would have to do a lot of reading between the lines to get to the bottom of it. If the situation gets too intense, I was also told that it was best to just stop the conversation. This advice comes from a woman by the way.

My goal here is neither to judge or shame, but to get a better understanding of women, to improve my communication, to learn to deal with such situations in a better way, to find a solution that is best for both parties.
4
6