When a girl texts you for advice about her problems should you avoid giving her constructive advice (instead listen to her complain/dump it out)?

Anonymous
This girl is interested in me and she also much younger (in college). We met a month ago and she is out of state but she’s coming back for the holidays. We did have some sex talk. She even promised to dress up for me for (role play)

But she texted me yesterday saying she was under stress and just wanted someone to talk to. I let her dump it out but at the end I recommended that she try getting at least 30 mins of exercise everyday. She reluctantly agreed (she knows she should be doing it)

But I often go into male POV and look resolutions and action based recommendations when women ask for advice. But I’ve heard this is not the best way to handle it. Rather women just “want to be heard”.

Should I avoid this in the future?
0
1