Did I overreact?

Anonymous
My husband and his daughter had and this tension between them from August to September. She went on a trip that my husband did not approve of and he’s been giving her the cold shoulder. She had been distant and hasn’t tried to reconcile. My husband feels like she is ashamed of him and the family because most of the people that she associates with went to college. She is a senior is college. She got to study abroad last year and got a fancy new internship. She buys herself fancy things.

My husband’s birthday was in September and she texted him Happy Birthday and that she would give him the gift the next day (which she didn’t). My husband didn’t respond. I text her and let her know that I was disappointed in her. How she was supposed to call her dad instead for texting him. How she lied about getting him a gift and if she did give him a gift, she was supposed to give him one on his birthday. How my husband deserves so much better and she is lucky to have him as a dad. How she didn’t think enough of him to call and see if the family did something for his birthday. I told her how her dad thinks that she is ashamed of the family and she should be ashamed of herself because she’s clearly forgotten where she came from. I told her that the little success that she is experiencing and the money that she does have can be gone tomorrow because what comes up can always come down. She never responded.

Was I wrong? Did I overreact?
Did I overreact?
1
1