A girl I'm texting lets me know she's not ignoring me when she can't reply right away. Is she interested?

Anonymous
I recently started chatting on Instagram to this girl I used to go to high school with. We never talked in high school, but now we're sending long messages back and forth getting to know each other, and the conversations are REALLY good and fun. Paragraphs of text each. These Instagram conversations have been going on for a few weeks now. Sometimes if she can't get to a message right away she'll randomly message and let me know "I promise I'm not ignoring you! It's been a crazy week at work!" I tell her "no worries! do your thing!" kind of thing. And then when she has a chance, she replies to the message. I don't mind at all. (She only did this one time a few weeks ago, but then started texted a lot again and consistently.)

Sometimes in between messages, she'll reply to my stories, etc, then reply to my message another time when she has a chance. My last message was more than a week ago, and the other day she didn't reply yet, but randomly messaged, "I promise I'm not ignoring you! Another crazy week! Hope you have a good night :)". And I replied, "all good! Have a good weekend!"

She didn't end up replying to my message yet, but she commented on my story. It's been over a week since my last message (Sunday). She sent the "I promise I'm not ignoring you" message on Friday, 5 days later, and replied to my story a couple of days after that.

So we're sending long messages, so I take that as a sign of interest. Also, why do you think even if I don't say anything about her not replying, she still lets me know if she can't get to a message "I promise I'm not ignoring you!". Is she doing that because she wants me to be patient with her and that she's interested? Or should I just forget this girl, and leave her be? Because I am interested and want to keep this going for sure.
1
0