Do you ever feel nervous or pressure around your parents/family?

ragequeen
I'm a really good girl and I do well in school. Always been a goody two shoes and obeyed my parents. However, as Im getting older, I turn into a nervous wreck around my parents because they expect me to be the best in school all the time and that's all they talk about when Im here. They never ask about hobbies or anything, it's all school and school life.

When they talk about my boyfriend, it's short and they almost want to avoid the subject. He is getting his high school diploma and wants to study, but he isn't in college so they are really skeptical about him. But it's like they are ignoring the fact that he is in my life.

It's making me feel like a nervous wreck. I feel like I have to pretend to be this innocent perfect school girl at home, but when I go back I love to game, party and have fun. I take school seriously but it's not my life. I hide lots of things from them,, like that I do pole fitness and stuff.

I don't know how to handle this. I just feel so sad. Does anyone feel like this?
21
4