Not wanting to go to a best friend's birthday dinner during this pandemic?

Anonymous
ok I already said yes because I got nervous and I am SURE she'd be upset if i said I couldn't go. I really dont want to though. we've hung out a few times outside amidst the ongoing pandemic and I was always cautious but still enjoyed it. until recently I was told my sister was exposed to someone who got the virus but it was late when they all knew. my sister tested negative even though she said they were in close contact and talking.

that scared the shit out of me. we live together so if she were positive I would've had to be tested too. anyway I still haven't gotten my friend a gift cos I really dont plan on going but I dont want to upset her or I could lie about why I couldnt go but I don't know what yet can someone help lol? she's going to have the dinner in a restaurant with her other friends I probably haven't met. also this dinner is tomorrow...
3
1