Why would your partner's ex send you a picture of herself showing off?

Anonymous
I found out from my boyfriend his ex was indirectly complimenting him and telling him I miss you, since he didn't reciprocate it back she stopped. But she sent me a picture and was blatantly manipulating me to talk to my boyfriend. She was telling me that they were really close and she feels like he's the only one who understands her and that she'd never want to break us up.
My boyfriend explained to me what she told him as to why she cheated which was that she didn't want to resent him and wanted to see if this guy was the "one". She never admitted that they were fucking.
When she talked to me about their break up over text about her cheating. What I got from it was she felt abandoned and hurt because of something my boyfriend did rather then tend to her needs. It seemed to me she was freaking out, not a mania episode more so beyond hurt and felt the need to be spiteful. So she ended up cheating.
I know this is confusing.
I can tell my boyfriend was hurt by what I told him about what she told me because she wasn't honest with him with what she told him.
Just wanted to know why she sent a picture of herself showing off her body too me.
How do I love my boyfriend and support him through this? He seems hurt by her not being honest with him.
1
0