Female coworker was reluctant initially when I asked for a ride in her car but later on kept insisting to give me a ride even after I refused. Why?

Anonymous
Little backstory, me and and my female coworker are close and have known each other for 2 years. I secretly like her and always go out of my way to do favors for her.
One day our staff had to go to an event in another city and since I didn't have a car and she did, I asked her if I could tag along with her in the journey. I am pretty sure she was reluctant to give me a ride since she stated making up excuses like some of her friends might come with her and the car might be full (none of them came in the final journey). I was a little hurt by this since I do so many things for her and she didn't even want to give something back. So I said it was ok and said I would try to find another ride.
However on the day before the journey, she suddenly changed her mind and kept insisting that I should come with her even after I told her I had arranged another ride multiple times.
What might have caused her to change her mind so suddenly?
2
0