Have you ever rejected someone only for them to tell you that they were never interested and they were only looking for a friendship?

Anonymous
My friend introduced me to this girl who has just moved to the area and tried to set me up with her. We hung out a few times and had dinner and lunch together over the course of a five days. Once my friends speculated that she liked me, I realized that I didn’t feel the same way. I finally let her down gently by telling her that I liked her, but I didn’t want to break her heart. She then said that, she only thought of my as a friend and thought that everything had been platonic. She also said that the entire time, she had been pining after one of my guy friends and asked if he was single.

Why would a girl hang out with me all the time, if she wasn’t interested in being more than friends? Everyone was convinced that she liked me. No one understands how this happened or why she’s not into me or why she likes him over me. I believe that it’s because my friend has way more money than I do. The general consensus is that I’m better looking.

How do I deal with this moving forward? Her face lights up when she sees my friend and she gushed over him.
10 d
Okay. So the general consensus is that she did like me and she is just embarrassed that I rejected her and she is just backpedaling to save face. Thanks everyone! 🙏🏾
4
2