Stressful situations led me to snap at my boyfriend few times. He's exhausted by my attitude and threatened to break up. How to be less toxic?

Anonymous
Lately, I have been dealing with an overwhelming amount of stress. I haven't had a single me-day or holiday in months, I'm totally worked up by university exams and schedules and other people reaching out to vent about their issues with me.

I have a tendency for panic attacks when I'm too overwhelmed and my anxiety spirals, resulting in me asking relentlessly for reassurance about my partner commitment and loyalty. This starts to wear on him.

So one fine day, I snapped again.
I snapped at my boyfriend about a petty issue (he asked me a question and I snapped at him). He has also been venting a lot and needing a lot of support from my end lately : I've always been there for him through and through when he needed a shoulder to cry on and I've always listened to his rants about his toxic mother. This added up to my already overwhelmed mind, but I couldn't just brush him off in such time of need.
So that one night, I really snapped at him and we started an enormous fight. He told me that he doesn't know if he'll be able to bear my attitude and anxiety in the future. I told him I wanted some time alone to think about what he just said, but I continued the argument nevertheless (that's so toxic of me).
I apologized for my behavior, said I don't want to end things, but I'm just so freaking stressed and overwhelmed I handled the situation poorly.

I feel crappier than ever, like I'm the worst girlfriend, a toxic b**** that picks up petty fights and is never good enough.

How can I deal with it? How can I be less toxic beside therapy? Maybe I needed him to cut me some slack, I don't know.
3
1