Are girls possessive of guy friends when out even if they aren’t attracted to them?

Anonymous
I was on a night out with some friends and when I was queueing for drinks I was casually chatting to a girl next to me in the queue. One of my girl friends came over and pretty much clearly made her presence known and waited till I got the drinks in.

Later on me and her went out for air and saw the initial girl I’d met at the bar. I took us over to chat again with her and I noticed my friend was very possessive.. stood behind me with both arms wrapped over my shoulders hugging etc. Body language definitely felt like she was trying to show we were a couple.

I would read that as her being possessive and pretty much jealousy. My question is would girls do this to guy friends in general or only guys they fancy?

Reason I ask is she’s rejected me previously so I found it weird why she acted like that and why I couldn’t just talk to some randomer without her being all over me. Is this a big sign or should I not read into it?

Thanks
2
4