Accidentally went through coworkers belongings and now worried that she’ll know?

RedWings19
Basically my coworker helped me out big time at work because I was overwhelmed and she just decided to help

So when she left for the day I decided to put a Tim Horton (coffee) gift card in this gym bag she had next to her desk. I told my friend and he’s like take it out ! You can’t just put it in someone’s personal bag.. so I panicked and took it out and accidentally pulled out a folded shirt as i pulled out the gift card. I put the shirt back obviously but it’s probably out of place considering how neat she had it before I stuck my hand in.

I’m super worried she’ll notice that something has been touched and want to get to the bottom of who touched her things tomorrow. I had good intentions but now realize it’ll likely look like I was snooping or trying to steal.

I tried to do a good thing as a thank you and now I’ll likely look bad unless I just deny or hope she doesn’t realize her bag has been touched

suggestions?
2
0