Is it normal that I genuinely felt guilty when I made this woman burst into tears?

Anonymous
Tbh it was nothing personal against her, I’m just naturally passive aggressive and rude to women in general. I mean if you were me you would somewhat dislike them after having the experiences I’ve had (won’t bore you with the details about my personal life) but long story short she is a big woman who is a colleague of mine, she came round my house yesterday along with my other colleagues and I said “I’m surprised you managed to fit through the door” and she absolutely started bawling with tears and for the first time it hit me at how spiteful and bitter I’ve become, I even apologised which is something I rarely do and only if it’s for my benefit.
0
2