My exboyfriend says he loves me & misses me but hasn't asked to get back together yet, why?

In last 2 weeks ex boyfriend has texted/called daily and he initiated it all but once me. We dated for 2 months, he is 39 and going through a divorce and our relationship was very intense..he ended it because he said he wasn't ready for this because of divorce. 2 months later we are communicating he is telling me how much he loves me and misses me...says he wants to c me (I said I would like that, your call when..plans were never made)..than next day will say something to the affect he has deal with his divorce first..just keep getting mixed messages..I don't know what to make of it. I don't know if he truly still has feelings for me or am I just a security blanket to have out there for him..he tells me he loves me and always will. I just want to know what is the best way to handle this. Move on or continue lines of communication with him. It's so difficult because I very much want us back together but I don't want to just agree to wait for him when "he's" ready..what to do?
2
0