Asked this girl out and she said "maybe"

Anonymous
Hi everyone,

I need your guys help trying to figure this one out. So I just met this girl about a week before I left my old job and I felt we hit things off pretty well. I definitely felt like I was getting signs that she was interested (tons of smiling/laughing, touching, and she repeatedly made references to being single). One of the ladies I worked with actually asked me before I left if I asked this girl out and she mentioned that she thought we looked really good together. Long story short, I asked this girl if she'd be interested in going out with me sometime and she started laughing before eventually saying 'maybe.' I think the laughing may come from being taken off guard as I just kinda asked it out of the blue, but I could be wrong. When I told her that it was really a yes/no question, she than said 'yes' and gave me her number. We've texted a little since, but I haven't asked her out again.

My question is this: Is this anything I should pursue or was she just trying to let me down easy? If she was indeed interested, why give this bs 'maybe' response?
Asked this girl out and she said "maybe"
Add Opinion