Asked this girl out and she said "maybe"

Anonymous
Hi everyone,

I need your guys help trying to figure this one out. So I just met this girl about a week before I left my old job and I felt we hit things off pretty well. I definitely felt like I was getting signs that she was interested (tons of smiling/laughing, touching, and she repeatedly made references to being single). One of the ladies I worked with actually asked me before I left if I asked this girl out and she mentioned that she thought we looked really good together. Long story short, I asked this girl if she'd be interested in going out with me sometime and she started laughing before eventually saying 'maybe.' I think the laughing may come from being taken off guard as I just kinda asked it out of the blue, but I could be wrong. When I told her that it was really a yes/no question, she than said 'yes' and gave me her number. We've texted a little since, but I haven't asked her out again.

My question is this: Is this anything I should pursue or was she just trying to let me down easy? If she was indeed interested, why give this bs 'maybe' response?
3
3