Why won't he say ''yes or no'' if he's coming back or not

Anonymous
My boyfriend & I technically didn't break up (I don't think). We were living together about 4 monnths & had the BEST relationship ANYONE would dream of. Everybody was jealous & would say we made them sick. At night when he'd come home he'd drop this stuff & we'd run into each others' arms. (no exaggeration). He'd pick me up, spin me around & plan 90 kisses on my face. THEN an emergency arised & he left to go out the country to visit family. He also has an ex there & a child from her. His cell lost signal once he left the US but he kept in contact with me once a day through email. (his family has internet there). He messaged me he's getting another phone with signal. (He plans to be gone a few months). He made me a video of how he swears he loves me & how he swears he's coming back to me to please don't worry. I was upset & crying dearly. His best friend gets on Facebook & starts asking when I'm coming over & liking my pics. I'm cordial to him but no way would I go visit my bf's friend w/out my guy. The friend then proceeds to tell me my boyfriend told him he's never coming back to me. Since the time his friend told me that my boyfriend did contact me through email but couldn't chat long. Just enough to tell me how much he loves me. He posted on my public wall that he misses me & called me his love. Then he post a terribly sad song about living w/out someone they will forever love. (wow right). I am deeply confused so I emailed him & asked if he is trying to break up with me. I asked him to be honest with me because I don't like games. I asked him are you coming back to me ''yes or no''. If no I won't bother you ever again. If yes I'll never ask again & wait for you. I have ''read receipt'' on my email so I know when/if he read the emails. He didn't read them for one day & a half. I woke up this morning & he read them late last night but he didn't respond. I don't understand what to do. I don't want to be ''needy'' & I want to be considerate to him because he hasn't seen his child in 2 years but I also don't want to be a fool either. Should I assume he's not coming back or should I wait for him like he asked before he left? I asked him point blank. I told him I don't like guessing games. Yes or no. How long should I wait for a response? All advice is appreciated.
Updates:
+1 y
He took about 1/2 of his stuff & left nothing of any value (if that makes sense). I just don't understand why he can't just say its over. I'm grieving badly. I don't pester him with "are we together or not" bullcrap all the time. I was confident with him coming back until his best friend since childhood is telling me otherwise. Not that I'm banking on the bf's words but it did place a sense of doubt since he doesn't contact me much. & Y would he post on my wall for others to see if he didn't want me?
+1 y
My boyfriend contacted me yesterday through the computer. He assured me of his love and stated he has no signal. He told me he will be back home with me soon. Problem #2, the best friend. Is this something I should mention to my boyfriend or ignore it and let it drop?
Why won't he say ''yes or no'' if he's coming back or not
Add Opinion