Girls, why would you ask if I have a girlfriend or wife? And then when I reply no ask why?

I get this every so often, and it will feel very randomly brought up. I respond no, and then they ask the awkward question of why? I don't really know how to answer that one.

Take for example last night I was at a strip club and the stripper asked if I was married or not, to which I replied no. She asked if I had a girlfriend, I said no. She asked why? I said I don't know, nothing really has worked out before. She then brought this up another 2 times or so throughout the night, an example being my phone ringing and her saying it was my wife.

The only reason I can think of is that the girl (s) are having a hard time believing I'm not taken, because they find me ideal. But this sounds VERY self-centered, so is there any other reason?
2
0