Will my guy friend ever ask me out?

I’ve been friends with a guy I like for about 4 years. We used to hang out every day and when we were together we would play with each other’s hair and act like teenagers in love, people thought we were together. We went to movies at night just the two of us, we went on trips just us. Then I found out that he liked another girl, we continued to hang out and then he asked her out and they dated for a year and broke up. In that year he and I were no longer close and I was not in contact with him. A few months after the break up we started talking again and he made the effort to have me in his life again. We became close like we used to be and I liked him again and people thought we were together and I also thought we were going to end up together and then he said he was not ready for a relationship. I was crushed again and I distanced myself from him for a little while. He was emotionally involved with another girl but they were not dating, they seemed to have some fall out because they were not talking to each other, I never asked him what happened between them. We became close again and he even came to stay over at my house for a few days because his apartment was undergoing some work. We became even closer and now we text each other all the time and we are always together as just friends but I really like him. The other girl he had a fall out with is talking to him again but she thinks we are together so she is keeping her distance and I am trying to get his attention and show him that I am the right person for him. I act cute and dress pretty and I am always bubbly around him. She on the other hand is not doing anything to get his attention, she acts like she doesn’t care. I act cool but I want to be with him. Do you think there is a chance of us being together?
Will my guy friend ever ask me out?
Add Opinion