He's confusing me... He's all over the map... Are we just friends? Friends with benefits? Or does he want more and?

Ok so help me out here guys. I have a friend who I have known for years. I think we have been good friends, he's always been there when I've needed a friend and helped me out where he can. He's not much of a people person and prefers to be alone and on his own. We have gone out to dinner and hung out at home (again he's not a people person, he doesn't like going out to movies or doing stuff). We moved from friends to friends with benefits and this is where things get confusing. Ok so I like him... I really like him and have for a long time. He has stated numerous times that he does not want a relationship period!!! However typically he is the one who will initiate contact with me (phone calls, text messages, etc). He makes off the cuff comments about how I should move in with him, We live two completely separate lives, he will typically be the one to invite me over or ask if I want to hang out, and in the last few months we have devoloped a pattern of seeing each other 1 to 2 times a week and talking almost every day where before we would see each other more like once every 6 months and talked sporadically. Are we really just friends with benefits are is there something else going on?
4
3