He's confusing me... He's all over the map... Are we just friends? Friends with benefits? Or does he want more and?

Ok so help me out here guys. I have a friend who I have known for years. I think we have been good friends, he's always been there when I've needed a friend and helped me out where he can. He's not much of a people person and prefers to be alone and on his own. We have gone out to dinner and hung out at home (again he's not a people person, he doesn't like going out to movies or doing stuff). We moved from friends to friends with benefits and this is where things get confusing. Ok so I like him... I really like him and have for a long time. He has stated numerous times that he does not want a relationship period!!! However typically he is the one who will initiate contact with me (phone calls, text messages, etc). He makes off the cuff comments about how I should move in with him, We live two completely separate lives, he will typically be the one to invite me over or ask if I want to hang out, and in the last few months we have devoloped a pattern of seeing each other 1 to 2 times a week and talking almost every day where before we would see each other more like once every 6 months and talked sporadically. Are we really just friends with benefits are is there something else going on?
He's confusing me... He's all over the map... Are we just friends? Friends with benefits? Or does he want more and?
Add Opinion