Why a guy doesn't give an answer when he said he would?

I have a Christmas party (work) to go to and since I'm single and don't really know any single guys, I asked my ex friends with benefits to go with me, all expenses are paid, he doesn't even have to drive. He said the only thing that could prevent him from going was a good's friend's B-day party but he wasn't sure of the date. He said he'd call me back to let me know the following night. He didn't call. He didn't call the night after that either. No biggie. On the 3rd night, I found out he called his friend (which happens to be my daughter's boyfriend) he found out the b-day party wasn't on the same day so he told his friend he'd most likely come to my party after all. This was 2 days ago and he still hasn't called me back to tell if he'll accompany me or not. We stopped being friends with benefits on good terms and I did him lots of favors without ever asking for anything in return... It's not that I feel he should pay me back, but a response would be nice. So guys... why would a guy not call back?
Why a guy doesn't give an answer when he said he would?
Add Opinion