Do guys ever get what they deserve and do they feel bad for what they did?

I've been close to my ex for about 2 years. We got together our sophomore year then he kissed another girl the beginning of our junior year in high school and it was done. A couple months later, he messaged me on fb and apologized and we have been cool ever since. Now, we go to different colleges ( 2 hours away) and when he came to town, he would let me know and we would hang out. Everybody told us that we would get back together and we would text everyday until he told me that he still loved me and asked me to be his girlfriend again. Everything was fine and it felt like old times again and we found out some things that we didn't know about each other. I was making plans to go see him on campus and to hang out with him when he came back from break. I gave him advise (as usual) when he was feeling down and he did the same for me! We would talk about football and basketball and stay up on the phone but I started noticing that he was talking to this high school senior on snap chat that he claimed was crazy and a habitual liar. I knew he was lying and my intuition started kicking in. All of a sudden, he didn't text me all day and then called me and told me that he wasn't connecting emotionally with me anymore and that God told him that I wasn't the one for him. Im in awe because the day before he was telling me it was us against the world and that he wanted to make it last and that he wasn't on games. I went off on him and he basically tried to put it off on me. I deleted his number, blocked him on IG and blocked him on snap chat. All of a sudden, I wake up in the morning and see his snap chat (for some odd reason) and he was in another girls dorm room. I get hysterical and punch a hole in my door and start throwing things in my room because I feel betrayed, hurt, played, and stupid. I eventually got over it but I'm still a little upset about it. I want to know if guys get what they deserve and do they feel bad (eventually) for what they did?
+1 y
Thank you guys for helping me out!!! All of your answers are very true and I'm taking the advice in like a sponge!! :)
+1 y
the next step is stop thinking about what he's doing or who he is with and avoiding contact with him ( social media, talking to his friends, etc). I usually think about what happened and what went wrong and what steps do I need to take to make sure that I don't keep making the same mistakes. If I know that I didn't do anything wrong, I try not to blame myself because he used the "transfer of emotions" trick
3
1