Why would a guy friend keep asking if you find certain guys attractive in a movie/tv show?

I just found this kinda weird, maybe its to make conversation but still. This happened the last two times I saw my guy friend. We watching a tv show on his bed and he kept asking me if I found certain male characters in the show attractive and after awhile I just said yeah the one guy is pretty hot. He told me I was weird for saying that and I told him I am a girl and he went on to say that I wouldn't like him then because apparently he thought he looked like this creepy guy in the show. I told him he didn't look like that and he wanted to know if he looked like the attractive guy. The following time we were watching a movie and he kept asking if I found this guy or that guy attractive. It was just weird because I'm not sure why he kept asking, the only comment he made was when there was a scene at a strip club and some of the women were in stripper gear. Maybe I should start asking him which women he finds hot in the shows/movies.
5
4