Why do guys look but never approach and if they like me they only ever ask my friends for my number and not me?

i rarely get approached and i have self esteem issues but my friends all think im really pretty and people are always surprised that i've never been in a relationship or had my first kiss (im 19). im in my second year of uni and i have all girl-friends.. but i do notice some guys in uni that stare at me but they never approach me. also, the past few guys that i've spoken to, i found out that they have a crush on me. last week my friends 'guy friend' was talking to me and kept staring at me.. then my friend told me ysday that he asked for my number. this also happened last year when i asked this random guy a question and he messaged my friend saying he really likes me. This other guy who clearly liked me only ever told my friend that he liked me.. so my q is why is it that guys never actually approach me, they either just stare at me or if not they tell my friends, but never me? some guy that i do know have told me that i can come across as high maintenance, possibly because of the clothes i wear, but i'm generally a nice person but abit socially awkward. i dont think its to do with my looks, because i dont think of myself as attractive. maybe guys just stare but when they see me close up they get put off? lol

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• They probably just feel you are above their league.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• They are shy, and asking a woman out that they really like makes them really nervous. Its like the difference between practicing a speech and actually getting up in front of others and giving the speech. It means 1. they are shy 2. they really like you.

0|0
    0|0
  • simple... because some guys chicken out to ask out a girl :-P

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys might feel tense or nervous talking to you

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls are scary as hell and the fear of what you can do to us mentally (or physically) if you reject us is to overwhelming.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• They are not confident enough to approach you the way you deserve two be. Wait for a while, you'll be charmed by someone's grand gestures.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most girls don't like being approached in the first place

0|0
    2|0

Recommended myTakes