I never get approached by guys I want to... who to get to know someone normal?

i've been single for ages now...
the problem is that i rarely get approached by guys that i am interested into...
I must say that i am very picky.. have become picky, because of bad experiences...

the guys that aproach me are either too young for me, drunk, idiots or not my type.

The "normal" guys who seem nice and speak nicely with a girl never approach me. It's usually guys who try to pick me up and get upset when I don't act on their silly approaches..

I've been single for a while now, but I wonder if I am ever going to meet someone normal...

I am not ugly, and I get many compliments, even from a lot of girls.

How can I meet someoen? I am not very keen on internet dating to be honest.

415

Most Helpful Guy

• If they are too young you are probably frequenting places that cater to a younger crowd, try different places that have more people age appropriate. Also, if you really like a guy and he isn't approaching you, go up to him and talk to him. If you are super uncomfortable asking a guy out then don't, just go up and talk like you are bored and need someone interesting to talk to, no pressure. After striking up a conversation most guys will typically make a move on you or move on.

Although, if he is really shy you may need to consider making the first move and actually asking him out/for his number if you want anything to happen.

• Not necessarily. I don't frequent young places... I just look younger than I am... so I get the same issue... People keep telling me... One day you will love it... Well..
      not yet!

• well I've been pretty unlucky I guess... :/ I wish I met guys who appreciated girls approaching them

• We are out there, I mean you are talking to one right now! Typically its more of the shy guys who like it because we suck at approaching women. Try it on some of the shyer guys :)

Also, I don't know what type of are you live in but more socially conservative areas, like the one I grew up in, tend to have that attitude.

Most Helpful Girl

• I know the feeling, I get way more unwanted attention than wanted. And usually if I get a guy talking I am interested in I find out he has a gf or is married. I think I intimidate guys though, cause if I am not smiling or laughing they are scared I may be a bitch. Or if they think I am out of their league (cause I tend to go for average to cute guys, I almost stay clear of overly handsome/hot guys).

Honestly, I have to spell it out for guys 'I like you... make a damn move' and then they say they know but had some cop out why they took so long or ended up having a gf/wife. So many taken guys lead me on till I hint about number exchange/getting together. I am almost scared to like a guy anymore, though I do have a crush ATM, but I only know where he works and it is not somewhere you can just show up or exchange numbers but cause I like him I suspect he has a gf, lol.

• I absolutely agree with you...
      you seem to be a nice girl and not a bitch at all!
      When I sometimes see girlfriends of some nice guys, I get complexes, because I just wonder, how such bitchy girls can get nice and friendly guys...

I don't know if being nice pays off these days...

Guys normally just stare at me and don't make a move. They might be shy or whatever, but i am shy too, so who is going to approach whom in this case :/

I am in a similar situation. "know" someone, but I don't know him really. I d like to approach him somehow, but I fear that he might have a girlfriend or not be interested...

• Wow you are like the female version of me. Except I'm not ridiculously good looking. Meeting people with chemistry and findingout they aren't single. Ditto. Getting rejected at the phone number stage, Ditto. and yes, I have met the odd super hot girl like you that I KNOW likes me, but she is just too intimidating. Even if I were to say hello to you I would be so nervous that it would just bee too ackward.

• @ranma187, well at least we know it goes both ways XP