Tall guys what do you hope to achieve when you pick up short girls?

I mean literally picking up the girl in a hug so her feet are off the floor. I'm pretty short and it drives me crazy when guys pick me up. So what is the point of doing that? What do you hope to achieve?
Updates:
Ok I guess I should clarify that the guy in talking about is just a friend and that's all he ever will be because he's my fiancés best friend. So we don't like each other in any sort of romantic sense.
So the consensus seems to be that the guy is into you, right?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I love picking up anyone short or tall. I live picking up short girls cause it feels so great to let her just lay down and relax in my arms while I do all of the work keeping her up in the air. The other way I like to pick girls up is so she can like be sitting on my forearms it just feels so lovely and when someone loves it I love it anymore. More than anything it just feels super nice and is like cuddling almost <3 Oh and I'm 6'3 and my relationships have been with people on average about a foot shorter<3

Good luck I hope this helps!

1|0
    0|0
    • What if it's been established that you're just friends?

• Well for just friends it can be nice too, if she likes it. Like I said I love picking anyone up short or tall, it isn't always an intimate thing hehe

• Oh yeah! Like I remember my friends got engaged so I picked them both up (they were okay with it) so they could hug each other in the air with little kisses. We all thought it was really cute! <3

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 17

• Are these guys that pick you up friends of yours? Because I could totally understand being annoyed by that. It does seem like a more romantic type of gesture, after all.

The reason why I'd do it is because I'd like her, she'd be smaller than me, so I'd just want to pick her up and squeeze her in my arms. That's really all there is to it for me. :)

1|0
    0|0
    • Well he's sorta my friend but we are only friends because he's my fiancé's best friend. I never saw it as a romantic thing until I asked this question

• First a hug always has some sort of 'let me feel you up' type of thing invovled

Picking up is just a gesture of being the man and showing that your the girl, it's indearing like a kiss on the forehead.

at the end of the day it's really just a male to female thing, your smaller, weaker an and shorter so it feels nice to give you a little lift

1|0
    0|0
    • We are just friends though so he's not trying to do anything right?

• Show All
    • Some guys are a little extra touchy. he's seems extra touchy

I don't really see many guys doing that to engaged/married women very often. Unless your close with him personally, I'd find it slightly odd

• Well we seem like we're really close when we're together but it's not like we have an on going friendship and talk to each other outside of when he and my fiance are together. Or when I gave his mom a kitten, that's a different story though.

• basically i like it the other way round

when a tall big girl... picks up a small scrawny guy... i find it REAAALY cute ;-)

3|1
    3|0
  • I wouldn't want to do it with just anyone, but with someone I was maybe going out with or something, I would. It would make me feel manly, and it would be romantic I think.

1|0
    0|0
    • So it wouldn't be someone you just see as a good friend?

• I can't speak for other people, but I definitely would not. I see it as too big a romantic gesture, and I want that to be exclusive with the girlfriend.

• Because we can... Its cute, fun and like playing with a human toy. As you get older though, guys won't do it.

2|0
    1|0
    • I'm 20 and he's almost 25. I'm pretty that's old enough to treat me like a human and not a doll.

• Achieve? Nothing you are just tiny and cute and it's nice to pick you up lmao

1|0
    0|0
  • Because it's hilarious when they start flipping out!

1|1
    0|0
    • I don't flip out. I just give death glares. My resting bitch face is on point and my death glares are even better.

• "Sweep her off her feet <3" Feels. The FEELS.

hahahaha~
    #CloseToChivalry

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it's enthousiasm. Like having fun together and than it just happens :-)
    I think I'd simply hug the girl and let the side of her head rest against my chest.
    That's what my feeling says... no idea if the girl would like that.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah he is more intention when ever we hug hi or bye.

• Show All
    • I like the view from down here and don't want to see the world from any higher.

• Haha I understand your point of view... let me promise that if one odd day we meet I won't pick you up hahaha. Take care :-)

• Wanna show strength, that's basically it. I'm not that tall but it's pretty obvious.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well it's kinda awkward to stand there bent over so you can reach her haha

0|0
    0|0
  • i like it cuz it kinda make me feel more masculinity

1|0
    0|0
  • Penetration?
    Wishful thinking

0|0
    1|0
  • MUST SHOW DOMINANCE!!!

1|0
    0|0
  • Just tell them to fuck off :)

0|0
    0|0
    • I do but he doesn't listen.

• Show All
    • Picking my wife up would bother her, ergo I don't like it :)

• Ok makes sense now

• nothing i just love shortrr girls

0|0
    0|0
  • Is a way to say you are mine or i want you to be mine

2|0
    0|0
    • Is that always the case? Even with friends?

• Show All
    • But he's my fiancés best friend so no he doesn't like me.

• Oh you should start from there let me just say that is a little weird he might just be too cheesy or he has a little crush on you im no saying he likes you or that he secretele want you instead of her just that he thinkis you have something that he really likes

What Girls Said 1

• I hate when a guy tries to lift me.

0|0
    0|1
    • I know it's so annoying I'm not 5.

• It's like just because I'm short does not mean I want to be lifted. I've had guys drop me because they thought it would be cute and so now I just get super annoyed

Recommended myTakes