Guys, at what point does a girl texting you become annoying?

I text this guy maybe once every week or two. id say like 80% of the time he seems like he wants to keep the conversation going and enjoys talking to me and a lot of the time from there he'll be the one to ask to hang out and then we hook up. However, I don't know if I'm being annoying or not since he has only ever texted me first once, and I figure if he actually wanted to talk to me he would. Would this get annoying to you guys? Would you expect the girl to get the hint that you don't care and don't want to talk to her if you rarely text her first?

329

Most Helpful Guy

• If I want to date her, or if we are dating, I would expect to get a "good morning" text. either after I send it or from her first. Then later that night I would expect to hear from her. maybe 1 or 2 during the day saying "I am thinking about you"...

• She said she texts him once every week or two, and 80% of the time he seems like he wants to talk. how long has this shit been going on. She is either stalking him or using him to get fucks when she wants it. if I'm wrong about those 2 things then she needs to get the picture and realise he doesn't want to date her lol. And you expect 2 texts a day saying I'm thinking of you? You must be single?

• Your not the only one. I don't see how you get stalking out of a couple of texts. stalking is non stop pursuit of someone, showing up at inappropriate times, etc... nothing you said indicates stalking.

• ok, I understand stalking can be on many different levels. I'll rephrase it to "Annoying" for you.
      And you basically said your looking for casual sex from him, and you want him to feel the same way.
      Firstly how would you know he doesn't want that if you haven't asked him. Secondly " And dating would be something id be open to but its not necessarily what Im looking for. I just don't want to keep hooking up with someone who doesn't actually want to be hooking up with me and just is because I'm available." is contradicting in itself.
      You want to be single and have casual sex and you would consider dating.
      IF you don't want to hook up with someone who doesn't want you then DURR don't hook up with them in the first place.
      I think you need to work on your confidence and just be more open. Men like confident girls and if you hide in the dark and wait for someone to be attracted to you then its never going to work.
      Im not trying to have a go at you I am seriously trying to help both of you

Most Helpful Girl

• You're an option. Whenever you text he most likely knows that a "hook up" will follow and that's why he's interested in keeping the convo going and suggesting hanging out.

He would defo text you if he wanted to talk to you, check up on your day, etc.