Guys, at what point does a girl texting you become annoying?

I text this guy maybe once every week or two. id say like 80% of the time he seems like he wants to keep the conversation going and enjoys talking to me and a lot of the time from there he'll be the one to ask to hang out and then we hook up. However, I don't know if I'm being annoying or not since he has only ever texted me first once, and I figure if he actually wanted to talk to me he would. Would this get annoying to you guys? Would you expect the girl to get the hint that you don't care and don't want to talk to her if you rarely text her first?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If I want to date her, or if we are dating, I would expect to get a "good morning" text. either after I send it or from her first. Then later that night I would expect to hear from her. maybe 1 or 2 during the day saying "I am thinking about you"...

0|0
    0|0
    • She said she texts him once every week or two, and 80% of the time he seems like he wants to talk. how long has this shit been going on. She is either stalking him or using him to get fucks when she wants it. if I'm wrong about those 2 things then she needs to get the picture and realise he doesn't want to date her lol. And you expect 2 texts a day saying I'm thinking of you? You must be single?

• Show All
    • Your not the only one. I don't see how you get stalking out of a couple of texts. stalking is non stop pursuit of someone, showing up at inappropriate times, etc... nothing you said indicates stalking.

• ok, I understand stalking can be on many different levels. I'll rephrase it to "Annoying" for you.
      And you basically said your looking for casual sex from him, and you want him to feel the same way.
      Firstly how would you know he doesn't want that if you haven't asked him. Secondly " And dating would be something id be open to but its not necessarily what Im looking for. I just don't want to keep hooking up with someone who doesn't actually want to be hooking up with me and just is because I'm available." is contradicting in itself.
      You want to be single and have casual sex and you would consider dating.
      IF you don't want to hook up with someone who doesn't want you then DURR don't hook up with them in the first place.
      I think you need to work on your confidence and just be more open. Men like confident girls and if you hide in the dark and wait for someone to be attracted to you then its never going to work.
      Im not trying to have a go at you I am seriously trying to help both of you

Most Helpful Girl

• You're an option. Whenever you text he most likely knows that a "hook up" will follow and that's why he's interested in keeping the convo going and suggesting hanging out.

He would defo text you if he wanted to talk to you, check up on your day, etc.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 28

• Once a week is nothing lol. Don't overthink it too much, sounds like it's just fucking and I highly doubt he sees anything more.

In a relationship or dating I like her to text first, if she doesn't initiate I feel like she doesn't give a shit. Dont really get annoyed, I'll just not read it for a while if anything.

2|0
    0|0
  • Generally becomes annoying when they don't give us time to write back, sometimes of course its ok, but then there's times when its just let me get back to YOU before you write me again and again and again, until there's almost 10 messages and now she's talking to herself

0|0
    0|0
  • Umm I also never text a very gud frnd f mine it's because I know that she alwasy texts me when she wants to talk to me or she's not busy
    So may be it's d same there
    He would ask you out if he didn't like you

0|1
    0|0
  • At that point. At the point when the only contact you have with him is you initiating

4|0
    0|0
  • do you guys bang, does he let you stick around? Have you ever done anything that resembles a date without anyone else along with you? 99% chance younare a booty call

1|0
    0|0
  • I doubt your annoying him, if he's annoyed he could just put the phone down or end the conversation, it's likley that he just doesn't consider your conversations a priority.

0|1
    0|0
  • Honestly I like it when a girl texts more than 80% of the time but then again needy girls aren't a turn off for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depend on stress of his job, I can't judge him by this 5 6 lines of your description my lady but in most cases the answer is NO,

0|0
    0|0
  • Never, but that's probably because I'm desperate and I like talking.

2|0
    0|0
  • only if i'm trying to sleep and i explain that and they keep buzzing. but i don't have a phone right now so.

0|1
    0|0
  • WHY DONT YOU CALL HIM LIKE A HUMAN AND ORGANISE A DATE WHERE YOU CAN BE HUMANS!!! your making me want you to stop texting him. geez woman

0|1
    1|0
    • love the one dislike from a girl and the like from a guy. Even though this is called girls ask guys hahahah!

• tricky... read his response, if he seems uninterested and annoyed, dump him and move on.. he will soon come begging if he really loves you, the tell him not to make you feel like crap, or else :)

1|0
    0|0
  • I personally would love a girl texting me first, I love attention as long as the person I'm talking to doesn't cop out and start going with 1 word responses.

1|0
    0|0
  • I only get annoyed if the girl disappears in mid conversation, then doesn't even message the next day.

1|1
    0|0
  • I would be happy. I wouldn't even think of it being annoying. Do continue.

0|0
    0|0
  • well how it works with me that i am on a relationship already... i like more when ever my girlfriend texts me first! in the morning its always good to show some "love" the best thing you can do is try messaging him first in the morning with a good morning text and a big smile face >>> (: and then see what goes on from there, you should take in consideration what you guys talk about maybe he just wants a friend or maybe he's one of those that acts like a angel and then when ever alone he's more of a lion... sometimes us guys like to show that we are gentlemen and that we are not thirsty and thats when that kiks in... but if he wants you he will come (; "if you love something let it free if it comes backs its yours if it does not it never was..."

0|0
    0|0
  • I think he just assumes you'll text first. Maybe he just doesn't like starting the conversations.

1|1
    0|0
  • I feel as tho if your my girl you can text me as much as you want if not don't blow my shit up like you my shawty an we ain't fucking

0|1
    0|0
  • Im sorry but I don't text first becz im shy
    There is np if gal text first
    it make me look good for some extent

0|0
    0|0
  • No its probably not that he doesn't like you, he's just not used to initiating text conversations.

He probably has a different communication style than you. And communication probably isn't where he takes the lead. He may be more likely to initiate in person than via texting. Everyone is different.

If he keeps replying and keeps talking he is interested in you. If he wasn't interested he would not keep the conversation going. Trust me, its really easy to ignore texts from someone you don't like or just let the convo die.

1|1
    0|0
  • Never get annoyed from her texts, I love her so much. I might ignore though if we are not connecting.

0|0
    0|0
    • by not connecting, do you mean if you suspect she is upset, and you dont want to start an argument?

• Being upset doesn't always mean there is an argument waiting between two people, so no, that's not what I mean by connecting.

• after text number 3 if there is no nude pics I'm annoyed!

0|0
    0|0
  • define "Hook up"

0|0
    0|0
  • keep moving lets c fr a few days

0|0
    0|0
  • Never. I'd prefer they initiate the text every time otherwise I feel like I might be texting them at a bad time or interrupting them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ask me that when a girl is actually interested in me lol

1|0
    0|0
  • When I'm trying to sleep and she won't shut up.

0|1
    0|0
  • Usually after the 1st text I'm annoyed to shit. But I also think texting is retarded.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• If she texts every 5 seconds. That's annoying

0|1
    0|0
  • If he replies back its not annoying

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes