Why would he ask for my number, but not text me and refuse my request?

I'm new to this flirting stuff and reading guy's behaviour on a night out.
I met a guy last night, we got along well, I found him fairly attractive, we chatted etc etc. We kissed a few times and spent the rest of the night together. Before I left, he asked for my number which I gave and that was that.
I later added him on Facebook.
However, he hasn't text me and he refused my friend request.

I don't really care about the request refusal, but why would you ask for a girl's number, not text her and then refuse the friend request? What was the point in asking for it? He wasn't off his face either, we were both fairly sober.

Do you think I scared him off somehow, haha?
He text me today, it's all good. (y)

29

Most Helpful Guy

• Oops that's remarkable :-)
    Are you sure you didn't send the request to the wrong guy?
    Your logic is fairly correct... he kissed you, chatted with you all night, asked your number and than looks away.
    Perhaps try to send him a kind text message to say you enjoyed the night and ask if he'd like to meet you again. See what his reaction is. So bizarre...

• I'm sure it was to the right guy. I don't want to meet up again, I was just wondering why a guy would ask for your number, then not contact you and refuse your request.

• Maybe he was drunk and just "having fun" flirting with a random girl.
      Does he even remember he's been out with you haha. Maybe he only remembers the headache from the drinks :-)
      Maybe that's why you didn't get drunk haha... he replaced the glasses with water :-)

• Thanks for the most helpful Hannah :-)