Why are a lot of the guys here so rude?

So I've been trying to help out a lot of people around here, and it seems to me that a lot of the guys (60%) are rude to my responses, even though I was just giving an opinion and trying to help them out.

There was this one time when a guy was asking whether or not guys or girls should make the first move. I responded with an example of me when I was in middle school, saying I liked a guy for two years, and I even told him that I liked him. Then saying that he told his friend that he would 80% accept me if I asked him out. I got completely turned off and stopped liking him (I'm more on the 'guys should make the first move' side because that is traditional, but I'm not opposing the 'girls make the first move'). And I mentioned that SOME girls don't like it when a guy waits for them to make the first move, as they find it cowardly and unmanly like. To be clear, I do think that girls should make the first move sometimes, but the guy shouldn't wait for the girl to make the first move because some girls find it hard to do so since it's usually the guy making the first move.

Then two commenters made some bullshit saying
"Funny how you say it comes off as cowardly. Yet you rarely put yourself in that situation were you have to put yourself up for rejection."
"I thought the same thing: 2 years liking that guy, and never said anything... I think the coward here is someone else."
The question was whether or not "you girls" like to make the first move, not "should girls make the first move".

I do realize they're true, but that incident was in middle school, and I've never shared that with anyone (okay, maybe like one or two of my friends). And to see this negative a reaction, when I confessed to him that I liked him.

Guys, seriously?

Also, I'm not saying that all guys are rude here. But think about it, will girls let alone guys like you if you treat them this way? I was just stating an opinion, definitely did not intend for it to be stated like a fact.
Also, I was just trying to help.

116

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Many people are very blunt on here. I find most guys and girls to be really intolerable on here, but I usually have more problems with the girls. I see the girls being more rude. But the guys can be really rude, too.