Why are a lot of the guys here so rude?

So I've been trying to help out a lot of people around here, and it seems to me that a lot of the guys (60%) are rude to my responses, even though I was just giving an opinion and trying to help them out.

There was this one time when a guy was asking whether or not guys or girls should make the first move. I responded with an example of me when I was in middle school, saying I liked a guy for two years, and I even told him that I liked him. Then saying that he told his friend that he would 80% accept me if I asked him out. I got completely turned off and stopped liking him (I'm more on the 'guys should make the first move' side because that is traditional, but I'm not opposing the 'girls make the first move'). And I mentioned that SOME girls don't like it when a guy waits for them to make the first move, as they find it cowardly and unmanly like. To be clear, I do think that girls should make the first move sometimes, but the guy shouldn't wait for the girl to make the first move because some girls find it hard to do so since it's usually the guy making the first move.

Then two commenters made some bullshit saying
"Funny how you say it comes off as cowardly. Yet you rarely put yourself in that situation were you have to put yourself up for rejection."
"I thought the same thing: 2 years liking that guy, and never said anything... I think the coward here is someone else."
The question was whether or not "you girls" like to make the first move, not "should girls make the first move".

I do realize they're true, but that incident was in middle school, and I've never shared that with anyone (okay, maybe like one or two of my friends). And to see this negative a reaction, when I confessed to him that I liked him.

Guys, seriously?

Also, I'm not saying that all guys are rude here. But think about it, will girls let alone guys like you if you treat them this way? I was just stating an opinion, definitely did not intend for it to be stated like a fact.
Updates:
Also, I was just trying to help.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Many people are very blunt on here. I find most guys and girls to be really intolerable on here, but I usually have more problems with the girls. I see the girls being more rude. But the guys can be really rude, too.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• Wow, get don't turn things around. I was the guy from the second comment, and you NEVER said "Some girls will think you're a coward".
    This was your whole comment:
    "The girl would much like it for you to make the first move.

This was when I was in like middle school but;
    I liked this guy for 2 years, and he knew that I did. The first school dance was coming up and I heard from his friend that he would 80% say yes to dance if I asked HIM.
    Like WTF?

That turned me off immediately and I stopped liking him in a matter of hours of thinking.

Seriously, think about it. Two years, and then. Nothing.

This is just my opinion and I do think that girls shouldn't be afraid to make the first move, but if you don't ever do anything. That's bad. It either seems like you don't care at all, or that you're too cowardly to do anything.:

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1345656-do-any-of-you-girls-like-to-approach-guys

If you're trying to criticize someone, get your facts right, don't manipulate. And I wasn't being rude, I was stating my opinion too.

0|0
    0|0
  • This is internet. In here you can post anonymously exactly what you think without possible consequences of being bashed by nearby society and/or people spreading rumors or just talking about you.

Therefore online you're way more likely to get an honest opinion and/or response to what you have to say rather than you would get IRL.

So yeah, welcome.

1|1
    0|0
  • Welcome to life! If we all agreed with each other this site would die!

1|0
    0|0
    • I'm not neccessarily saying that they shouldn't show their opinion that opposes mine, but they used horrible language that I edited off.

• We're not all civilized. :)

• If you need help, message me. And again it's the internet so you're going to get assholes

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm not rude i am big pussy cat purrrrr meowwww

But i am sorry for the ones who are rude to you :/

0|0
    0|0
  • I have to agree with what those guys said. Women are always complaining they want equality but when things like this happen they scream bloody murder.

0|1
    0|0
    • Not all women want equality. I don't want equality. I wanna be a housewife, I want to be helped in my coat, I want for the man to light my cigarette, I want him to open the friggin' doors for me! And I wanna be ASKED OUT, not do the stupid asking myself. Feminism really has ruined things for everyone, I'm so happy I'm already married and don't need to date anymore 'cause if I still had to date I'd rather slit my wrists. Dating is a disaster nowadays, men say they hate feminists but at the same time want the girl to ask him out and pay for the f*cking date. No thanks.

• People in general are douchebags, always will be. And the anonimity makes it worse, cause you can just be an asshole without the consequences

0|0
    0|0
  • rude people will always be rude.

block them if youcannot stnd them ;-)

0|0
    0|0
  • I got bored and stopped reading after the 4th sentence 😛

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not rude, I'm just blunt. I'm also a bit of a tosser.

0|0
    0|0
  • Those sex offender laws are tough on guys making the first move.

0|0
    0|0
  • This isn't even worth posting about.

0|1
    2|0
    • You're crying because someone said something mean to you, and then you try to justify yourself and your actions in a separate topic. You have to understand how childish this is. You have to.

• It's the Internet

Quit yo bitchin.

0|0
    0|0
  • There are a lot of trolls in life and on this site as well. I try to ignore them if they just misunderstand like yours did, but if they say something REALLY stupid I usually do point out their stupidity.

Sorry about your experience when making the first move. Just keep in mind that men are not mind readers and many times, especially if shy they often find it hard to know if a woman is interested. It is not that we are waiting, just we have no idea how to proceed or if she is even interested.

And yes, no matter who makes the first move, there will be hurtful rejections, it sucks, but if you don't do it and your future SO doesn't do it, then how will the two of you ever get together?

Just do your best to help people and ignore the trolls.

0|0
    0|0
  • you made guys rude, you said nice guys are unattractive lol

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes