Why do men/guys choose to be jerks and players?

Why do guys choose to be jerks when they can get better girls if they are sweet and nice?
  • Players are jerks
  • So what if your are player (explain more below)

1692

Most Helpful Guy

• When I was younger I was the kind of guy that girls would tell me I was really funny, sweet, kind etc. They all loved me as a friend and they'd tell me how much they wanted a nice guy like me, because they always seem to end up with jerks. So I'd ask them out, but then they'd tell me they didn't see me in that way and they just wanted to be friends, which was fine. And then they'd keep getting with guys who treated them like shit and complain to me about it. I never got mad at them for not choosing me, but I did find it very confusing. Then later there were some girls who intentionally strung me along for the fun of it, I won't go into detail but they'd be really horrible to me for no reason, then when I asked why a couple of them said "because it's fun", usually they'd been hurt by other guys in the past so they took it out on guys they weren't that interested in is my guess.

So after rejection after rejection, and being treated like shit despite not being a lying cheating douchebag, I got tired of it and I looked for advice on the internet. I got talking to some guys who were good with women. The main advice was to be more forward sexually, to stop caring what they think or whether I might offend them or not, and to pay more attention to a woman's actions than her words. I followed their advice, at first I was terrible, then I got to notice patterns in women's behaviour. A lot of them would insult me at first and tell me what a dickhead I was, what an arrogant prick I was etc. More girls would tell me to fuck off, however more girls seemed to pursue me afterwards too (even after calling me a prick - my current girlfriend included lol).

I've never cheated or treated a girl like shit, although all I've just said makes me a jerk to some. The reason I became this jerk is because it works better than being a nice guy. Girls encourage it whether they realise it or not.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because it's fun, and you are more attracted to them that way. Not all men are jerks, but you don't like the nice guys or you wouldn't be asking this question.

• How are you more attracted to someone that treats you like shit? Maybe guys should be raised to be douchebags instead?

• Some women (not me) find it exciting when a man is hot and cold... it's like the chase and the game... probably because of romantic comedies, they think that being in a confusing relationship is more exciting. I think it's because their feelings and emotions become so up and down, almost like a drug they are attracted to the drama... and hoping they can change the man... that they are so great as women the men will change specifically to be with them