Is my ex becoming interested again?

Anonymous
My ex and I broke up, about 5 years ago, we've been friends now for almost a year and a half. He first contacted me asking to be friends and if we could mend fences. We were together for 2 years, engaged, but he had joined the military therefore we were long distance. We broke up mostly because we couldn't close the gap, I wanted to stick it out, he didn't. Once we started talking again it was only here and there at first, gradually we started talking more frequently and now pretty much talk everyday. We're still long distance which means, texting, emailing and skyping. We haven't seen each other in person yet, but we are planning to when he comes up to visit.

He runs hot and cold sometimes, he's really considerate about my feelings, I initiate contact majority of the time, mostly because, our schedules are backwards. (I wake up, he's getting back from work, he stays up to talk to me and I stay up so we can talk some before he heads to work and we talk while he's working sometimes).

We get really close and then he pulls away some, but it's not all the time. We've gotten really flirty especially over the last few months. He asks for pictures of me just so he can see my face (always says I'm beautiful) and wants to hear my voice. Things will be like this for a while and then gets distant with me, I don't know if it's the distance (NY and FL.). He's told me he'd like to have more with me, I rocked his world and will always have a special place in his heart, I make his day and I make him happy. Then he pulls away again. Sorry if this is all over the place, I'm just confused.
Is my ex becoming interested again?
8
8